Sugarcreek Township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
|Sugarcreek Township, Pennsylvania|
St. Patrick's Catholic Church, built 1805
Map of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania highlighting Sugarcreek Township
Map of Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||26.7 sq mi (69.1 km2)|
|• Land||26.7 sq mi (69.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|• Density||58/sq mi (22.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,557 people, 523 households, and 403 families residing in the township. The population density was 57.6 people per square mile (22.2/km²). There were 570 housing units at an average density of 21.1/sq mi (8.1/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.07% White, 1.67% African American, 0.06% Native American, and 0.19% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.51% of the population.
There were 523 households, out of which 33.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.7% were married couples living together, 9.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.9% were non-families. 20.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 11.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 2.99.
In the township the population was spread out, with 21.3% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 26.0% from 25 to 44, 23.6% from 45 to 64, and 23.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 100.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $33,750, and the median income for a family was $37,222. Males had a median income of $30,357 versus $18,704 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,903. About 7.5% of families and 10.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.3% of those under age 18 and 9.2% of those age 65 or over.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Sugarcreek township, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- "Catholic Chronology in Western Pennsylvania". Butler County Genealogical Society. Retrieved 2007-01-07.
- Smith, Robert (1883). "History of Armstrong County Pennsylvania". Retrieved 2007-01-07.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.