Sugarmont (UTA station)
|Utah Transit Authority (UTA)
S Line streetcar stop
|Location||2215 South 900 East
Salt Lake City, Utah
Utah Transit Authority (UTA):
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Opened||8 December 2013|
Sugarmont (900 east) is a streetcar stop in the Sugar House neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah, in the United States, served by Utah Transit Authority's (UTA) S Line (previously known as the Sugar House Streetcar). The S Line provides service from Sugar House to the city of South Salt Lake (where it connects with UTA's TRAX light rail system).
The Sugarmont stop (previously referred to as simply 900 East)[Note 1] is located at 2215 South 900 East, just east of South 900 East on the north side of Sugarmont Drive. The side platform is located on the north side of the single set of tracks. There is very limited street-side parking possible nearby. The stop began service on 8 December 2013 and is operated by Utah Transit Authority.
All of UTA's TRAX and FrontRunner trains and stations, streetcars and streetcar stops, and all fixed route buses are compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act and are therefore accessible to those with disabilities. Signage at the stations, on the passenger platforms, and on the trains clearly indicate accessibility options. In accordance with the Utah Clean Air Act and UTA ordinance, "smoking is prohibited on UTA vehicles as well as UTA bus stops, TRAX stations, and FrontRunner stations".
On weekdays and Saturdays the first eastbound S Line streetcar (to the Fairmont stop) leaves the Sugarmont stop at 6:11 am and the first westbound streetcar (to the Central Pointe Station) leaves at 6:21 am. The last eastbound streetcar leaves at 9:11 pm and the last westbound car leaves at 9:21 pm.[Note 2]
On Sundays the first eastbound streetcar leaves at 9:11 am and the first westbound streetcar leaves at 9:21 am. The last eastbound streetcar leaves at 7:11 pm and the last westbound car leaves at 7:21 pm.[Note 2]
- The change in the name from 900 East to Sugarmont also helps reduce any possible confusion between this stop and a TRAX station located on 400 South at 900 East. That TRAX station was originally called 900 East as well, but recently UTA began referring to that station as 900 East & 400 South.
- Streetcar schedule is current as of Change Day, 13 April 2014
- Davidson, Lee (28 Aug 2013). "Sugar House streetcar testing begins next week". The Salt Lake Tribune. Salt Lake City: MediaNews Group. Retrieved 5 Apr 2014.
- "TRAX Parking and Stops". rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 22 Dec 2013.
- "Fixed Route Accessibility". rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 13 Mar 2013.
- "Rider Rules". rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. Retrieved 12 Mar 2013.
- "Streetcar S-line" (PDF). rideuta.com. Utah Transit Authority. 13 Apr 2014. Retrieved 4 Apr 2014.