This article was considered for deletion, and requires cleanup according to the discussion. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Suhas Gopinath (born 4 November 1986 in Bangalore) is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the founder, CEO, and Chairman of Globals Inc., a multinational IT company. He took charge as CEO at the age of 17, three years after founding the company. At the time, he was the world's youngest CEO.
Gopinath was born in Bangalore in the Indian state of Karnataka to his father, a defense scientist, and mother, a housewife. He taught himself to make websites with the help of books, and made his first, www.coolhindustan.com, at the age of 14. He incorporated his company Globals Inc., the same year, in 2000. He became CEO of his company at the age of 17. He was thought to be, for a time, the youngest CEO of a company.
- In 2005, Gopinath was the youngest among the 175 recipients of Karnataka's Rajyotsava Award.
- On 2 December 2007, The European Parliament and International Association for Human Values conferred "Young Achiever Award" on Gopinath at the European Parliament, Brussels.
- In November 2008, he was invited to represent the World Bank's ICT Leadership Roundtable for adopting ICT in Africa to increase employability and fostering ICT skills in students from these countries.
- He was announced as "Young Global Leader" for 2008–2009 by the World Economic Forum, Davos. In that position he would be involved in development programs across the world. He holds a diploma on global leadership and public policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government and Harvard University.
- Roy, Ashish (26 July 2012). "Globals CEO Suhas Gopinath plans to list company in 2015". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Suhas Gopinath". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "India's youngest CEO Suhas Gopinath's journey of highs & lows". Indian Television Dot Com. 20 April 2015. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- bgbag. "The Hindu : WHY NOT TURN A CEO AT 17?". www.thehindu.com. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- "Indian teen at gates of success". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Suhas Gopinath, CEO at 17". Archived from the original on 25 April 2014. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Teenager hopes his firm will become another Microsoft". The Sydney Morning Herald. 10 November 2003. Retrieved 7 July 2007.
- "List that outgrew Hanuman's tail". The Times of India. 1 November 2005. Retrieved 7 July 2007.
- "Suhas Gopinath, Youngest CEO". PETADishoom.com. Archived from the original on 3 July 2007. Retrieved 7 July 2007.
- "Young Achiever Award". EICC. 4 December 2007. Retrieved 18 March 2008.[dead link]
- "Youth with a Mission". City News-Singapore. 13 October 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2009.
- "Young Global Leaders 2008". World Economic Forum. 11 March 2008. Retrieved 18 March 2008.