This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Muhammad Suheyl Umar
محمد سہیل عمر
|11th Director of Iqbal Academy Pakistan|
13 June 1997
|Preceded by||Waheed Qureshi|
Muhammad Suheyl Umar (born September 18, 1954) (or Sohail Umar) is a scholar of Philosophy and Iqbal from Pakistan. He was the Director of Iqbal Academy Pakistan from 13 June 1997 to 17 September 2014. He had also been Administrator, Aiwan-e-Iqbal from 2002 to 2010, when Nadeem Iqbal Abbasi then Joint Secretary, Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Culture, took over as Administrator from him.
M.S. Umar received his classical (school) education at Central Model School, Lahore; Forman Christian College, Lahore; Government College, Lahore; Govt. College, Lahore (BA, English, Philosophy); (MA, English). He also acquired Arabic, Persian and traditional Islamic Sciences (Arabic, Persian, Tajwid and Hifz).
Further studies included M. Phil. (Iqbal Studies), Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad and Ph.D. Department of Philosophy. Punjab University Lahore, Topic: Ibn ‘Arabi and Iqbal - Comparative Study of Philosophic Issues.
He was a consultant to Suhail Academy, a publishing enterprise. Since 1984 he worked with the Iqbal Academy Pakistan, a government research institution for the works and teachings of Iqbal.
- And Here the Twain Did Meet: Bibliography of the Works of the Scholar Hermit Prof. Dr. Annemarie Schimmel (2004)
- Description of Libraries and Private Collections of Manuscripts. (1989)
- From the Niche of Prophecy: Nasr's Position on Islamic Philosophy Within the Islamic Tradition. (2000)
- Hammer-Purgstall and Muslim India. Muhammad Ikram Chaghatai(Comp.) (1998)
- How to Read Iqbal?: Essays on Iqbal, Urdu Poetry and Literary Theory. Shamsur Rahman Faruqi. Muhammad Suheyl Umar(Comp.) (2009)
- In the Wake of 11 September: Perspectives on Setteled Convictions Changes and Challenges. (2005)
- Iqbal and his Universal Vision. (2002)
- Iqbal and Modern Era: (2006)
- Iqbal's Contribution to Literature and Politics. Mirza Muhammad Munawwar. Ed.2nd. Muhammad Suheyl Umar(Ed.). (2002)
- March of Times: Iqbal's Idea of the Mahdi, the End of the History and the Settled Convictions. (2005)
- Muhammad Iqbal a Contemporary: (2010)
- Repair and Redeem: Iqbal's Re-statement of Sufi Thought. (2010)
- That I May See and Tell Significance of Iqbal's Wisdom Poetry. (2002)
- The Religious Other: Towards a Muslim Theology of other Religions in a Post-Prophetic Age. (2009)
- Deputy Director (Academics), Iqbal Academy Pakistan, 1993-1997
- Director, Iqbal Academy Pakistan, 1997-2014
- Administrator, Aiwan-e-Iqbal Complex, 2002-2010
- Profile at Iqbal Academy
- Read his book Khutabat -e- Iqbal Nay Tanazar Main
- Read his book Islam Apni Nigah Main (Volume - 1)
- Read his book Islam Apni Nigah Main (Volume - 2)
- Read his book Islam Apni Nigah Main (Volume - 3)
|Director Iqbal Academy