Sui Wo Court
Built in 1980, it is located on a mountain above Wo Che and east of central Fo Tan, northwest of Sha Tin. The court was designed by Palmer and Turner and received a Silver Medal at the 1981 Hong Kong Institute of Architects Annual Awards. The scenery of Sha Tin and Tolo Harbour is visible from the estate.
Completed in 1980, it offers 3,501 flats for sale. It consists of 9 blocks of non-standard type:
- Block A - Fung Yue House
- Block B - Fung Yat House
- Block C - Fung Lin House
- Block D - Hing Wan House
- Block E - Hing Sing House
- Block F - Hing On House
- Block G - Wing Mau House
- Block H - Wing Cheung House
- Block J - Wing Hing House
Floor area of Flats ranged from 43 – 65 m2 with saleable area between 38 – 57 m2. Its initial sale price was between 100,200 and 252,700 Hong Kong dollars.
- 80M (KMB) - Sui Wo Court <-> Kowloon Tong MTR
- 81K (KMB) - Sui Wo Court <-> Sun Tin Wai
- 280X (KMB) - Sui Wo Court <-> Tsim Sha Tsui East
- 801S (Minibus) <-> Yiu On Estate (via Sunshine City)
- 811 (Minibus) <-> Yu Chui Court (via Prince of Wales Hospital)
- 811A (Minibus) <-> Yu Chui Court
- 69K (Minibus) <-> Sha Tin MTR Station
- Edward Ng and Kam-Sing Wong, "Efficiency & Livability: Towards Sustainable Habitation in Hong Kong", Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2003
- Davies, Matt (2009). P & T group: 140 years of architecture in Asia. Images Publishing Dist A/C. p. 9. ISBN 978-1-86470-158-6.
- List of Past HKIA Annual Awards (archive)
- "LCQ10: Hillside escalator links and elevator systems (annex)" (PDF). Legislative Council. 16 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sui Wo Court.|
- Website (in Chinese)
- Sui Wo Court Flat Owners Association
- Information from Housing Authority
- Sui Wo Court Commercial Centre on The Link REIT website