Suita City Hall
Location of Suita in Osaka Prefecture
|• Mayor||Tetsuya Inoue (since May 2011)|
|• Total||36.11 km2 (13.94 sq mi)|
|Population (October 1, 2016)|
|• Density||10,000/km2 (27,000/sq mi)|
|• Tree||Camphor Laurel|
|• Flower||Satsuki azalea|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|City hall address||1-3-40 Izumichō, Suita-shi, Osaka-fu
It is connected to central by Hankyu Railway, West Japan Railway Company and the Osaka Municipal Subway. The Osaka Monorail also passes through the area, connecting the city to Osaka, the Expo Commemoration Park and Osaka International Airport.
Major companies and industries
- Asahi Suita Brewery
- Headquarters of SNK, the producer of Neo Geo arcade boards and games
- Mister Donut, a fast food franchise that offers doughnuts, coffee, muffins and pastries.
- Kansai University's main branch is located here. It is accessible through Kandaimae Station on the Hankyu Senri Line.
- Osaka University's main administrative campus is hosted here, right beside the Expo Park. It is accessible via the Osaka Monorail at Handaibyoinmae Station, or via Hankyu Senri Line at Kita-Senri Station.
- Osaka Gakuin University, accessible through Kishibe Station on JR Kyoto Line.
- Senri Kinran University, accessible through Kita-Senri Station on Hankyu Senri Line.
- Osaka University Foreign Student House
- Senri International Student House
- Kansai University International Student House
- JASSO Student House
- National Museum of Ethnology
- International Institute for Children's Literature, Osaka
- The Japan Folk Crafts Museum, Osaka
- Kansai University Museum
- Suita City Museum
- Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Since July 20, 1982.
- Canterbury-Bankstown, New South Wales, Australia. Since May 12, 2016.
Suita was involved in Bankstown's first international Sister City in March 1989.
- " Retrieved on February 16, 2012.
- "Bankstown's Sister Cities (PDF)." Retrieved on July 20, 2007.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Suita, Osaka.|