Sujata Koirala (Nepali: सुजाता कोइराला) is a Nepalese politician and the only daughter of former Prime Minister Girija Prasad Koirala. She was made Foreign Minister under Prime Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal. Sujata was promoted to Deputy Prime Minister on October 12, 2009. She has a daughter named Melanie Koirala Jost.
Koirala is the Immediate Chief of the International Relations Department of Nepali Congress and a member of the Central Working Committee. She is the former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs of Nepal. She is the second women to become deputy prime minister in Nepal. The first, Shailaja Acharya, was Koirala's niece.
- Head of International Relations Department, Nepali Congress Party
- Central Committee Member, Nepali Congress Party
- Member, Parliamentary Board, Nepali Congress Party
- Standing Committee Member, ICAPP (International Conference of Asian Political Parties)
- Member, Governing Council, CAPDI (Centrist Asia Pacific Democratic International)
- Vice-Chairperson, ICAPP Women’s Wing
- Chairperson, the Global Parties Climate and Ecological Alliance (GPCEA) Women’s Wing
- Member, International Advisory Board, China Center for Overseas Investment, Beijing, China
- Member, International Advisory Council, Economic Club of China, Beijing, China
- Honorary Chairperson, Institute of Himalayan Studies, Chonqing, China
- Chapagain, Kiran (October 12, 2009). "Sujata is DPM at last". MyRepublica. Retrieved April 21, 2010.
- "Case filed against rubel chaudhary". xnepali. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "International Relations Department". Nepali Congress. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- koirala, Girija. "Koirala's daughter to become Nepal's deputy PM". times of india. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "The Hon. Ms. Sujata Koirala". Parliamentary Network for Conflict Prevention. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
- "Sujata Koirala | About". Retrieved 2016-09-06.
|This article about a Nepalese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|