Sukhoi Superjet 130
|Role||Regional jet airliner|
|Manufacturer||Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association|
|Designer||Sukhoi Civil Aircraft
United Aircraft Corporation
|Status||Planned for a 2020 introduction|
The Sukhoi Superjet 130 (Russian: Сухой Суперджет 130) also known as Superjet NG is a planned modern, fly-by-wire narrow-body medium-range jet airliner to be developed by Sukhoi and United Aircraft Corporation. It is based on the Sukhoi Superjet 100, with a seating capacity of 130 -145 seats, and is designed to bridge the gap between SuperJet Stretch and Irkut MS-21. The airplane will compete internationally with Bombardier CSeries, Airbus A319 and smaller models of Boeing 737NG.
In 2011 Russia’s ministry of industry and trade published its views for the development of an advanced commercial plane in its MPT Report in 2011. This was the beginning of the SSJ 130NG.
The SSJ 130NG will have an aluminum fuselage and use composite materials for its wings which includes the center section, elevator and rudder. Sukhoi believes that the new materials will weigh 15 to 20 percent less than it does on other commercial planes, increase the plane's service life by 20 to 30 percent, reduce the plane's operating costs by 10 to 12 percent, and reduce energy consumption during the plane's manufacturing by 10 to 15 percent. Fuselage plugs will give the SSJ 130NG a greater length. The Superjet NG will derive Irkut MS-21’s composite wing and engines of the Pratt & Whitney PW1000G family. Some SSJ 100 suppliers might be ousted from the SSJ 130NG.
|Seating capacity||145 (1-class, dense)
130 (1-class, standard)
120 (2-class, standard)
|Seat pitch||30 in (1-class, dense), 32 in (1-class, standard)
36 & 32 in (2-class, standard)
|Fuselage max diameter||3.35 m (11 ft 0 in)|
|Cabin width||3.236 m (127.4 in)|
|Cabin height||2.12 m (6 ft 11 in)|
|Aisle width||51 cm (20 in)|
|Seat width||46.5 cm (18.3 in)|
|Volume bins per passenger||0.07 m3 (2.5 cu ft)|
|Engine (x 2)||Aviadvigatel PD-10
Pratt & Whitney PW1000G
|Fan diameter||PD-10: 1,677 mm (66.0 in)|
|Max. thrust (x 2)||PD-10: 108 kN (10,900 kgf; 24,000 lbf)|
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
- Russia will start the production of Sukhoi SuperJet NG in 2019-2020 ruaviation.com, 2 August 2013. Retrieved 23 November 2013.
- "Russia plans to build a new airliner bigger than the Sukhoi Superjet — RT". Rt.com. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- Vladimir Karnozov. "Superjet’s 130NG Stretch To Feature Composite Wing | Aviation International News". Ainonline.com. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Russia and Italy planning new 130-seat regional jet". Flightglobal.com. 2012-02-07. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- "Russia-now". Russia-now.info. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- "UAC to Build New 140-Seat Airliner | Business | RIA Novosti". En.rian.ru. Retrieved 2012-08-24.
- Lake, Jon. "Russia's Regional Jet". Air International, Vol. 78, No. 5, May 2010, pp. 54–60. Stamford, UK: Key Publishing. ISSN 0306-5634.