Panigrahi at the audio release & First look of Ek Adhbut Dakshina... Guru Dakshina in 2016
3 February 1989 (age 28)
Berhampur, Odisha, India
Sulagna Panigrahi (Odia: ସୁଲଗ୍ନା ପାଣିଗ୍ରାହୀ, born 3 February in Berhampur, Odisha) is an Odia, Marathi and Indian television and film actress. As a débutante, she played the lead role in the television serial Amber Dhara as Dhara, and went on to play the principal character in Do Saheliyaan. She further did a grey role as Sakshi Rajvansh in Bidaai, until getting her big-break in the Bhatt banner film Murder 2 as Reshma.
Panigrahi made her television debut with the show Amber Dhara, where she played the character of Dhara, based on the story of conjoined twins. The series aired on Sony Entertainment Television from September 2007 to March 2008. Her second show was Do Saheliyaan, where she played the role of Maithali, based on the story of best friends set in rural Rajasthan. Do Saheliyaan aired on Zee TV from March 2010 to July 2010. After this she went on to do a negative role in the serial Bidaai, playing the role of Sakshi.
She made her Bollywood debut in the 2011 thriller Murder 2, a sequel to the 2004 hit Murder under the banner of Vishesh Films. She played the role of Reshma, a poor college student, who in need for money to survive her family, chooses to become a part-time prostitute and falls victim to a psychopathic serial killer. Her role was well-received with positive reviews from critics around the media. Post murder, she has done independent and content driven Hindi films with strong performances like Rave, starring Rajkumar Rao and Divyendu Sharma and Gurudakshina with Girish Karnad and Rupa Ganguly. She debuted in Marathi with the romantic film Ishq Wala Love, where she was paired opposite Adinath Kothare. Apart from starring in the film, she also did the full costume styling for her character herself. Her performance was appreciated by the critics and audience alike, specially complimenting the chemistry between the two actors. One of her most awaited projects is the Tamil film Isai, directed, produced and performed by S J Suryah. This will be her debut film in Tamil and will also mark the comeback of S J Suryah as a director in Tamil film industry after almost 9 years
Originally from Berhampur, Odisha, she lived in New Delhi for 10 years until she moved to Mumbai in 2007. She has done her schooling from Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi. Her father is in the Indian Army, mother a housewife and younger sister is a film maker, currently working as an assistant director in Hindi films.
|2014||Ishq Wala Love||Ovi||Marathi||Debut|
|2015||Isai||Jennifer (a) Jenny||Tamil||Debut|
|2010||Do Saheliyaan||Mythili||Zee TV|
|2007-2010||Bidaai||Sakshi Alekh Rajvansh||STAR Plus|
Awards and nominations
|2012||Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards||Apsara Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role||Murder 2||Nominated|
- "Telly actress Sulagna Panigrahi debuts in B-Town with 'Murder 2'". MiD DAY. 5 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi: Time for a break". The Times of India. 1 February 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Chakrabarti, Sujata (10 February 2010). "Caste based storylines on daily soaps find big audience in villages". Daily News and Analysis. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Do Saheliyan off air in four months". The Times of India. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi to enter Bidaai". Oneindia Entertainment. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi enters Bidaai". The Times of India. 30 July 2010. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Sulagna Panigrahi from Odisha excels in 'Murder 2'". Odishanewstoday.com. 11 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- Enkayaar (6 July 2011). "MURDER -2: Sulagna the surprise package". Glamsham.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sulagna Panigrahi.|
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|