|Alma mater||American University|
United Arab Emirates University
Sulaiman Abdul-Karim Muhammad al-Fahim is an Emirati (United Arab Emirates) businessman his main specialism is Property Development/Real Estate, and is focused on humanitarian work. He received his bachelor's degree in Marketing from UAE University in al-Ain, and his masters from Kogod School of Business, American University in Finance and Real Estate. He was the CEO of Hydra Properties Real Estate Development Company based in Abu Dhabi. He was the President of Arab Union for Real Estate for two terms from 2009 to 2013 and from 2013 to 2017.
Early life and education
Al-Fahim was born in Dubai in 1977. From the age of eleven he worked in his father's Orient Pharmacy after school. Which taught him key skills such as dealing with various individuals and reinvesting money. At the age eighteen Al Fahim founded the "Sulaiman Al Fahim Group" which financed education and sports in the UAE.
Al Fahim was exceptional in chess from a very young age at just nine years old he was ranked fifth in the world by the Chess Federation. During Al Fahims' educational journey he took every opportunity he got and worked in various sectors to gain knowledge and experience.
Al Fahim lost his mother, sister and brother in a car accident when he was twenty-one years old. Following this incident he moved to the United States to further his education where he obtained his masters from Kogod School of Business, American University in Washington DC, USA. His MBA was in Finance and Real Estate. He received an honorary PhD, therefore, uses the title Dr. 
From a very young age Al Fahim demonstrated that he was exceptional when it came to making business decisions. He worked in various sectors and areas in different countries. However one of his biggest achievements was when he was the CEO of Hydra Real Estate development Company. He was the President of Arab Union for Real Estate for two terms from 2009 to 2013 and from 2013 to 2017. While Al Fahim was the Chairman of Arab Union for Real Estate he was featured in Roll Call newspaper where he spoke about the former president of the United States, Obama.  Al Fahim is dedicated to renewable energy; in 2009 while he was the President of the Arab Union for Real Estate Development he was offering Green Cooperation with New York. 
Al Fahims interest in chess resulted him to sponsor various chess tournaments. He was elected as the president of UAE Chess Federation from 2008 until 2012. Over the years he sponsored various sports tournaments as well.
Manchester City F.C.
Al Fahim was a major part in signing Manchester City deal in 2008. Sulaiman Al Fahim can be described as the architecture of the deal; at that time he was looking at various clubs and saw the potential of Manchester City, this is when he presented the offer to Abu Dhabi United Group.  Al Fahim signed the first agreement (Memorandum of Understanding) with Mr Pairoj who was the legal representative of the former Prime Minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra. Al Fahim then presented the offer to Abu Dhabi United Group where HH Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan took the final agreement forward and took over Manchester City. 
Al Fahim published his book BRAND BUILDER, on how to be a successful property developer that gives the reader valuable tips from his experiences.
Al Fahim was appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador of the Intergovernmental Institution for the use of Micro-algae Spirulina against Malnutrition his goal is to help end hunger and malnutrition around the world. He is the ambassador throughout Middle East and Asia.
Al Fahim is an advocate of the International Renewable Energy Organization (IREO) he has attended the event at the United Nations in New York in 2009. He is determined to provide affordable houses and hospitals for less developed countries.
Recognition and Honors
Over the years Al Fahim was recognized and honored for his achievements and hard work by various organizations and individuals in senior positions around the world.
In March 2009, Al Fahim was listed fourth in Arabian Business magazine's list of "The Worlds most influential Arabs". He was also listed eighty seven in 2012 and eighty three in 2013 as "The Worlds most influential Arabs" in Arabian Business magazine.
In November 2008 Al Fahim was honored with a gold medal of excellence from HM Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin, The King of Malaysia, for his work supporting Equestrian activities worldwide. Al Fahim was honored with this distinction during the FEI World Endurance Championship 2008 in Malaysia.
The Mayor of Los Angeles and the President of LA City Counsel Awarded Al Fahim with Real Estate Developer of the Year for his entrepreneurial skills and community service.
In September 2008, Al Fahim was presented with a certificate of Special Congressional Recognition by a member of the Congress.
Al Fahim was recognized by being named The Friends of South Asian American Communities by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
A member of the senate recognized Al Fahim as the Real Estate Developer of the Year.
In 2018 it was reported that Al Fahim stole £5 million from his wife to fund the purchase of Portsmouth Football Club and was sentenced to five years in jail.
- Sayed, Sara. "Hydra CEO shares his success story". Gulf News. Gulf News. Retrieved 7 October 2010.
- Barden, Leonard. "Former UAE prodigy rides to the rescue of 'chess Wimbledon'". The Guardian. The Guardian. Retrieved 5 November 2010.
- Sayed, Sara. "Hydra CEO shares his success story". Gulf News. Gulf News. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim: A stock market player at 14". The News. The News. Retrieved 1 June 2010.
- "Hydra Properties CEO Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim attends 7th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball". Abu Dhabi City Info. Abu Dhabi City Info. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "4 Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim". Arabian Business. Arabian Business. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- Staff, RollCall. "Obama is Taking The Right Steps In The Middle East". Roll Call. Roll Call. Retrieved 1 October 2010.
- McGinniss, Paul. "Pathways to Peace: Green Building Blocks east - West". New York Green Advocate. New York Green Advocate.
- NayarStaff Reporter, K.R. "President Cup chess competition to commence from Thursday". Gulf News. Gulf News. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- Huang, Carol. "UAE plays Kingmaker as chess politicians wage battle for the top job". The National. The National. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- Report, Staff. "Sulaiman Al Fahim Group to support UAE youth volleyball team". Gulf News. Gulf News.
- "4 Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim". Arabian Business. Arabian Business. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- Montague, James. "The Crazy World of Dr Al Fahim". The Guardian. The Guardian. Retrieved 8 October 2009.
- Sayed, Sara. "Hydra CEO shares his success story". Gulf News. Gulf News. Retrieved 8 June 2009.
- "Hydra Executives – CEO". Archived from the original on 11 April 2008. Retrieved 16 October 2009.
- Swan, Melanie. "Hydra Executives begins filming its second season". The National. The National. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "IIMSAM humanitarian Spirulina". IIMSAM. IIMSAM. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- "H.E. Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim". IIMSAM. IIMSAM. Retrieved 9 October 2018.
- McGinnis, Paul. "Pathways to Peace: Green Building Blocks East -West". New York Green Advocate. New York Green Advocate. Retrieved 6 October 2011.
- McGinniss, Paul. "Pathways to Peace: green Building Blocks East - West". New York Green Advocate. New York Green Advocate. Retrieved 3 October 2011.
- Bhoyrul, Anil. "FLASHBACK: The 2009 Power 100 List". Arabian Business. Arabian Business. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- "Arabian Business Power 500 2013". Arabian Business. Arabian Business. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Press release (6 November 2008). "HM The King of Malaysia honours Dr. Sulaiman Al Fahim for his tireless support to global sports". Arabian Business. Retrieved 19 October 2010.
- "Sulaiman Al Fahim: Ex- Portsmouth owner jailed for stealing £5 from wife to buy club". BBC Sport. BBC Sport. Retrieved 9 March 2018.