|Vice-president||Dr. Paul Reifenheiser (interim)|
Loch Sheldrake, NY, US|
405 acres (1.64 km2)
|Colors||Green and Gold|
|Affiliations||National Junior College Athletic Association, Region XV|
Founded in 1962, SUNY Sullivan is a two-year public community college in the United States sponsored by the State University of New York (SUNY) and Sullivan County, New York. It is also fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The campus is located in Loch Sheldrake, New York in the Town of Fallsburg, New York since 1973, when it moved from its original campus at the old South Fallsburgh High School in South Fallsburg.
The college is currently led by its sixth president Dr. Karin M. Hilgersom.
The college offers more than 40 degree and certificate programs. Areas of study include: computer graphics/graphic design (taught in the new graphics arts lab); culinary arts; nursing; criminal justice; psychology; respiratory care; childhood education; communications & media arts; and more. An Honors Program is also available.
SUNY Sullivan is situated on 405 acres (1.64 km2) of land and its campus features nine interconnected buildings plus the Paul Gerry Field house, the Lazarus Levine Residence Hall (which opened in Fall 2003), and the EcoGreen Townhouses. A geothermal system provides heat and air conditioning for the campus.
The college faculty and staff have earned numerous awards and citations for excellence in education, including 20 SUNY Chancellor's Awards.
A variety of academic and support services are available to students. The Student Learning Center provides free tutoring, study groups, skills workshops and counseling. A Writer's Lounge assists students with research papers and projects, and the math and computer labs help students develop skills and improve their performance in the classroom.
The college's 12 intercollegiate sports teams compete in the NJCAA. The school mascot is General Dunker, and its teams are known as The Generals. Sullivan Generals sports teams include: men's and women's basketball, baseball, women's volleyball, men's and women's cross country, men's and women's track & field, men's and women's golf, men's wrestling, and co-ed cheerleading. Intramural activities are ongoing throughout the year. The Sullivan Generals men's basketball team won 3 Division III National Championships in the 1990s, and won the 2007 Division III Championship with a 32-0 record. The college is the home of the NJCAA Division III Men's Basketball National Tournament through 2016 (http://www.championships-sullivan.com).
- David Berkowitz Serial killer dubbed "The Son of Sam."
- Gene Simmons, co-founder, bassist, singer and songwriter of the rock band Kiss
- Earv Opong - basketball player and streetballer at Rucker Park
- Cleanthony Early, professional basketball player, selected with the 34th overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft by the New York Knicks.
- Rafael 'Dose' Vargas, rapper in the Dominican Hip hop group 2 In A Room, now known as Fulanito.
- Joey Altman, American chef, restaurateur, and TV host on the Food Network, winner of the James Beard Award in 2000, 2001, and 2006.
- "2008–2009 Student Handbook" (PDF). SUNY Sullivan.[dead link]
- "SUNY Sullivan Profile". http://www.petersons.com. Lawrenceville, New Jersey: Peterson's. 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-09. External link in
|work=(help)[permanent dead link]
- "About Sullivan". Loch Sheldrake, New York: SUNY Sullivan. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- Graham, Regina F. (23 June 2016). "on of Sam serial killer tells parole board he has found his 'calling' as his freedom is denied for the 15th time". Daily Mail. Retrieved 23 June 2016.