Sullivan County International Airport
|Sullivan County International Airport|
|Owner||Sullivan County Division of Public Works|
|Serves||Monticello, New York|
|Location||Town of Bethel|
|Elevation AMSL||1,403 ft / 428 m|
Sullivan County International Airport (IATA: MSV, ICAO: KMSV, FAA LID: MSV) is a county owned, public use airport in the Town of Bethel, Sullivan County, New York, United States. It is located six nautical miles (7 mi, 11 km) northwest of the central business district of Monticello, a village in the Town of Thompson. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Originally built in the 1960s, the airport is now a Part 139 certified airport capable of handling small general aviation aircraft as well as larger business jets.
Facilities and aircraft
Sullivan County International Airport covers an area of 600 acres (243 ha) at an elevation of 1,403 feet (428 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 15/33 with an asphalt surface measuring 6,298 by 150 feet (1,920 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending October 31, 2011, the airport had 28,650 aircraft operations, an average of 78 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% air taxi. At that time there were 41 aircraft based at this airport: 78% single-engine, 10% multi-engine, 7% jet, and 5% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MSV ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Sullivan County International Airport". Sullivan County. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- "IATA Airport code Search (MSV: Monticello / Sullivan County Intl)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Sullivan County International (MSV) at NYSDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of May 1997 from USGS The National Map via MSR Maps
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MSV, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: