Sulphur High School (Louisiana)
|Sulphur High School|
100 Sycamore Street
|School district||Calcasieu Parish Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||109.03 (FTE)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||18.57|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold|
|Rival||Barbe High School|
Sulphur High School is a 5A public high school located in Sulphur, Louisiana. It is a part of Calcasieu Parish Public Schools. The students are offered a variety of Advanced Placement courses as well as opportunities for dual enrollment in classes at McNeese State University in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The Principal for the main campus is David Pool. The school also has a Ninth Grade Campus which opened its doors in the 2004-2005 school year, and its principal is Lee Crick.
- J. T. Chargois, baseball player
- Marcus R. Clark (Class of 1974), justice of the Louisiana Supreme Court
- Casey Daigle, baseball player
- Grady A. Dugas, physician and inventor of wheelchair locking system
- Janice Lynde, actress, original cast member of the CBS soap opera The Young and the Restless for three years, then went on to ABC's One Life to Live and NBC's Another World
- Pat Rapp, baseball player
- John Thomson, baseball player
- "Sulphur High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 28, 2019.
- Louisiana Sports Writers Association. "Sulphur's J.T. Chargois named to 5A All-State team". Southwest Daily News. Retrieved June 6, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Justice Marcus R. Clark". Louisiana Supreme Court. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Casey Daigle Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "Dr. Grady A. Dugas". The Monroe News-Star. March 26, 2007. Archived from the original on February 18, 2015. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "Pat Rapp Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 26, 2012.
- "John Thomson Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved November 26, 2012.