Sulphur Springs, Ohio
Sulphur Springs is a census-designated place (CDP) in eastern Liberty Township, Crawford County, Ohio, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 194. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 44881. It is located along State Route 98 northeast of the city of Bucyrus, the county seat of Crawford County.
A former variant name was Annapolis. A post office called Sulphur Springs has been in operation since 1846. The community was named for a sulphur mineral springs near the original town site.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Sulphur Springs CDP, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- Zip Code Lookup
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sulphur Springs, Ohio
- "Crawford County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- Perrin, William Henry; Battle, J. H.; Goodspeed, Weston Arthur (1881). History of Crawford County and Ohio: Containing a History of the State of Ohio, from Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Baskin & Battey. p. 174.
- Overman, William Daniel (1958). Ohio Town Names. Akron, OH: Atlantic Press. p. 131.
|This Crawford County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|