Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport
|Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Sulphur Springs|
|Serves||Sulphur Springs, Texas|
|Elevation AMSL||489 ft / 149 m|
Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport (IATA: SLR, ICAO: KSLR, FAA LID: SLR) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) northwest of the central business district of Sulphur Springs, a city in Hopkins County, Texas, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport covers an area of 197 acres (80 ha) at an elevation of 489 feet (149 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 1/19 with a concrete surface measuring 5,001 by 75 feet (1,524 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 7, 2009, the airport had 17,910 aircraft operations, an average of 49 per day: 97% general aviation, 3% military, and <1% air taxi. At that time there were 74 aircraft based at this airport: 88% single-engine, 8% multi-engine, 1% jet, 1% helicopter, and 1% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SLR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Sulphur Springs Airport (City of Sulphur Springs website)
- "Sulphur Springs Municipal (SLR)" (PDF). at Texas DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of February 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SLR, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: