Sultan (1999 film)
|Produced by||M. R. V. Prasad
Nandamuri Balakrishna (Presents)
|Written by||Paruchuri Brothers
|Screenplay by||Paruchuri Brothers|
|Story by||M. R. V. Prasad|
|Cinematography||K. Ravindra Babu|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
P. B. R. Art Productions
Sultan (English: Empire) is a 1999 Telugu Action film, produced by M. R. V. Prasad on P. B. R. Art Productions banner and directed by Sarath. The film stars Nandamuri Balakrishna, Krishna, Krishnam Raju, Roja, Rachana, Deepti Bhatnagar in the lead roles and music composed by Koti. The film was released on 27 May 1999, met with negative reviews from critics as well as audience and termed as a box-office bomb. The film was later remade into Hindi as Sultaan with Mithun Chakraborty.
The films begin with CBCID department of India appointing powerful officer Ashok (Krishna) for nabbing a hardcore notorious terrorist Sultan (Nandamuri Balakrishna) who always changes his getups by hiding his real identity. There is secret intelligence report that Sultan is going to attack a Minister, so Ashok is patrolling at the place where Sultan arrives as an old man and kills the Minister. Ashok chases him, in the fight Sultan escapes leaving his mask. However, Ashok finds out the real identity of Sultan by computer graphics.
Next day the same person joins as a forest officer in the name of Prithvi Raj (again Nandamuri Balakrishna) he loves and marriages a beautiful girl Renuka (Rachana). Meantime, Ashok is busy tracing Sultan, he once finds Pruthvi with Renuka, arrests him on the spot and keeps him at an unidentified place and harasses him to reveal the secrets. Renuka raises the issue to the higher authorities and Government transfers the case from CBCID to CBI department and a special officer Mustafa (Krishnam Raju) is appointed. The day he was put on the mission, Mustafa gets a rude shock in the form of a bomb from Sultan that he manages to escape, where Mustafa spots Sultan. Thereby Mustafa gets confident that Pruthvi and Sultan are two different persons. Immediately, Mustafa fly down to Hyderabad try to convince Ashok that Sultan & Pruthvi are lookalikes but Ashok is not ready to accept it there arises a conflict between them.
Later on, Ashok & Mustafa finds out that Pruthvi & Sultan are twins and Pruthvi is adopted by an army officer. Now they find a strategy to nab Sultan by using Pruthvi as a weapon. In the beginning, Pruthvi doesn’t agree but the knowing greatness of his country he gets ready for the mission with the help of Ashok & Mustafa. Once they start their mission Pruthvi explores Sultan has a girlfriend Vandana (Deepti Bhatnagar) tracing her he successful reaches Sultan’s house where he has mother & wife Revati (Roja). In no time Sultan realizes that some this is amiss and he plans the counter attack and Mustafa die while protecting Pruthvi. Meanwhile, Sultan kidnaps Renuka takes to his island, however, Ashok & Pruthvi reaches to the island. Through Ashok Sultan realizes that foreign militants used him as the pawn in the destruction process of India. Now Sultan as a changed man destroys the entire militant activities and saves the country by sacrificing his life.
- Nandamuri Balakrishna as Sultan & Pruthvi (Dual role)
- Krishna as Ashok
- Krishnam Raju as Mustafa
- Roja as Revati
- Rachana as Renuka
- Deepti Bhatnagar as Vandana
- Bramhanandam as Anji
- Narra Venkateswara Rao as M.P. Mutyala Rao
- Gokina Rama Rao as Minister Venkataratnam
- Siva Krishna as Sultan's father
- M. Balaiyya as Major Chakradhara Rao (Pruthvi's father)
- Raghunatha Reddy as Minister
- Ravi Babu as Noor
- Jeeva as Police Inspector
- Satya Prakash as Terrorist
- Jakgad as Terrorist
- Annapurna as Renuka's mother
- Sudha as Saraswathi (Pruthvi's mother)
- Siva Parvathi as Sultan's mother
- Bangalore Padma as Venkataratnam's wife
- Art: Ashok Kumar
- Choreography: Raghava Lawrence, Tarun, Kala
- Fights: Vijay
- Screenplay - Dialogues: Paruchuri Brothers
- Lyrics: Veturi Sundararama Murthy, Chandrabose, Bhuvanachandra, Jaladi,
- Playback: SP Balu, Chitra, Mano, Sukhwinder Singh, Udit Narayan, Sujatha, Malgudi Subha
- Music: Koti
- Editing: Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
- Cinematography: K. Ravindra Babu
- Presenter: Nandamuri Balakrishna
- Story - Producer: M. R. V. Prasad
- Director: Sarath
- Banner: P. B. R. Art Productions
- Release Date: 27th May 1999
|Film score by Koti|
|1.||"O Kaliki Rama Chilaka"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Udit Narayan, Chitra||4:29|
|2.||"Nandi Konda Meeda"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Sukhwinder Singh, Sujatha||5:02|
|3.||"Aakasam Gundello"||Jaladi||SP Balu, Mano||4:16|
|4.||"Panchadara Chettumeda"||Veturi Sundararama Murthy||Udit Narayan, Chitra||4:52|
|5.||"Chima Chima"||Bhuvanachandra||Mano, Chitra||4:04|
|6.||"Shabba Shabba"||Chandrabose||Sukhwinder Singh, Malgudi Subha||4:44|
- "Sultan movie Reviews, Trailers, Wallpapers, Songs, Telugu". Apunkachoice.com. 27 May 1999. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- Social Post (27 May 1999). "Sultan - Telugu Movie Reviews, Trailers, Wallpapers, Photos, Cast & Crew, Story & Synopsis". entertainment.oneindia.in. Retrieved 15 August 2012.
- "Sultan Songs - Sultan Telugu Movie Songs - Telugu Songs Lyrics Trailer Videos, Preview Stills Reviews". Raaga.com. Retrieved 15 August 2012.