Sultan Mastura, Maguindanao
Location in Maguindanao
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|Founded||April 28, 2003|
|• Mayor||Rauf Mastura|
|• Total||242.07 km2 (93.46 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||92/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)64|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||12,899 voters as of 2016|
It was created by virtue of the Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 89, carved from the municipality of Sultan Kudarat. The law was submitted on September 13, 1999 and lapsed into law on November 13, 1999. It was ratified by the people of Sultan Mastura through plebiscite on March 15, 2003. Its corporate existence started on April 28, 2003.
It was part of the province of Shariff Kabunsuan from October 2006 until its nullification by the Supreme Court in July 2008.
Sultan Mastura is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- Macabico (Macabiso)
|Population census of
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 89; An Act Creating the Municipality of Sultan Mastura in the Province of Maguindanao, Authorizing the Appropriation of Funds therefor, and for Other Purposes" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- MMA Act No. 89 : An Act Creating the Municipality of Sultan Mastura in the Province of Maguindanao
- Official Website of Sultan Mastura Municipality
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Inquirer.net, Sultan Kudarat town aims for nat’l recognition
|Illana Bay||Sultan Kudarat|