|Sultanah of Pahang|
|Sultanah of Pahang|
|Tenure||30 September 1992 - 15 January 2019|
|Predecessor||Tengku Ampuan Afzan (as Tengku Ampuan)|
|Successor||Tengku Ampuan Hajjah Azizah Maimunah Iskandariah (as Tengku Ampuan)|
|Born||12 September 1951|
Taftan, Baluchistan, British Raj
|Spouse||Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah|
|Issue||Tengku Abdul Fahd' Muadzam Shah ibni Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Al-Musta’in Billah|
Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom binti Abdullah (née Anita Abdullah) is the former Sultanah of Pahang as the 2nd wife of Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah. Born on 12 September 1951, she is originally of Persian and Pakistani descent. Prior to her marriage, she was an air stewardess for a prominent airline.
Sultanah Hajah Kalsom married Sultan Ahmad Shah on 14 March 1991. She was titled Che Puan Kalsom on the day of her marriage and later was became The Sultanah of Pahang, with the style of Her Royal Highness on 30 September 1992.
Sultanah Hajah Kalsom has been active with social causes and is a patron of numerous organisations, lending her presence to inspire those engaged in managing these organisations.
Yayasan Sri Kencana Kalsom
The Yayasan Sri Kencana Kalsom, named after her, provides shelter for single parents as well as women who have been victims of domestic abuse. The Yayasan helps these women rebuild their lives finding them jobs that enable them to be independent and lead their lives with dignity.
She is also Patron of OrphanCARE Foundation, a non-profit organisation that aims in getting orphans adopted. OrphanCARE also set up Malaysia's first baby hatch for mothers to anonymously leave their unwanted newborns to be put up for adoption. She has given her full support to the organisation which has the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development as its smart partner.
Soroptimist Club of Kuantan
As Patron of the Soroptimist Club of Kuantan, a gathering of professional women who pool their talents to assist the needy, Sultanah Kalsom works closely to guide the movement with her strong views on empowerment. Her concern for women stems from her personal philosophy that dreams must be pursued to the fullest and that women must be given every opportunity to realise their talents.
Sultanah Hajah Kalsom is also an Honorary Member of The Sorority, an exclusive members-only club for inspiring professional women based in London, is considered an iconic inspirational woman who represents the modern, professional woman who is shaping the future with individual style and expression.
Kiwanis Club of Kuantan
Title and Styles
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
- 12 September 1951 - 14 March 1991: Cik Anita.
- 14 March 1991 - 30 September 1992: Her Highness (Yang Mulia) Che Puan Kalsom.
- 30 September 1992 - 15 January 2019: Her Royal Highness (Duli Yang Maha Mulia) Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom, The Sultanah of Pahang.
- 15 January 2019 - Present: Her Royal Highness (Duli Yang Amat Mulia) Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom.
Awards and Honours
Honours of Pahang
- Malaysian Monarchy: His and Her Majesty - Yang di-Pertuan Agong VII (The Sultan of Pahang)
- The Royal Ark: Malaysia - The Kings or Supreme Heads of State (Yang di-Pertuan Agong)
- HighBeam: New Straits Times - Pleasant surprise for Sultan Ahmad Shah
- Mind: Those with Down Syndrome learn to gain employment[permanent dead link]
- Kiwanis Malaysia: Breaking News - DYMM Sultanah Pahang Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom is the Patron of the Kiwanis Club of Kuantan
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 October 2011. Retrieved 31 July 2011.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Sultanah Kalsom wearing the sash of DK I
Tengku Ampuan Afzan
|Sultanah of Pahang||Succeeded by|
Tengku Ampuan Azizah