This article possibly contains original research. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Official||Angika Hindi|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
As per the Census 2011, the literacy rate of Sultanganj is 71%. Thus Sultanganj has higher literacy rate compared to 63.1% of Bhagalpur district. The male literacy rate is 65.4% and the female literacy rate is 52.2% in Sultanganj.
Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary
Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary is located in Bhagalpur District of Bihar, India. The sanctuary is a 50 km stretch of the Ganges River from Sultanganj to Kahalgaon. Designated in 1991, it is protected area for the endangered Gangetic dolphins in Asia. Once found in abundance, only a few hundred remain, of which half are found here.
The Gangetic dolphins have been declared as the National Aquatic Animal of India. This decision was taken in the first meeting of the National Ganga River Basin Authority (NGRBA) chaired by Prime Minister Dr.Manmohan Singh on Monday, 5 October 2009.
There are two college in Sultanganj. Murarka College is affiliated from Tilkamanjhi University.
Shravani Mela is a month-long festival which is celebrated in July - August of every year by devotees of Lord Shiva. Devotees from all over the world comes to this holy place and start their 100+ KM journey to another shrine city of Deoghar in Jharkhand over the foot.
The Sultanganj Buddha is a Gupta-Pala transitional period sculpture, the largest substantially complete copper Buddha figure known from the time. The statue is dated by archaeologists to between 500 and 700 AD. It is 2.3 m high and 1 m wide and weighs over 500 kg. It was found in the North Indian town of Sultanganj, Bhagalpur district, Bihar in 1861 during the construction of the East Indian Railway. It is now held by Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham, England.
People from Sultanganj
- Sanjay Jha, chairman and CEO of Motorola Mobility
- Vishal Kumar, Banker And Investment Advisor, presently works with Bank of Baroda
-  Archived January 22, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "River dolphin crowned India's aquatic animal : Latest Headlines, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2009-10-06. Archived from the original on 2009-10-10. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- "Endangered dolphins made national aquatic animal - India Environment Portal | News, reports, documents, blogs, data, analysis on environment & development | India, South Asia". India Environment Portal. Archived from the original on 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2014-01-24.
- Rajesh, Kumar (24 July 2013). "Shrawani Mela inaugurated". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- Rajesh, Kumar (7 June 2013). "Preparations afoot for Shrawani Mela". The Times of India. Retrieved 7 October 2018.