A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, actor|
Suman Sridhar is an Indian singer, songwriter, and actor. Sridhar works between and across music, performance art, theatre and film She was awarded the Google-INK Trailblazer's Grant 2014 towards developing a multimedia opera integrating Tamil folk music. She co-produced and acted in her debut feature film Ajeeb Aashiq / Strange Love by award-winning filmmaker Natasha Mendonca which premiered at the International Film Festival Rotterdam, 2016 and received the Bright Future Award nomination.
Early life and background
In 2008, Sridhar co-founded Sridhar/Thayil,[not in citation given] the lyrical post-pop music duo which Rolling Stone magazine acclaimed as "redefining indie music in India." Their studio album STD was released in 2012. The duo is known for "their cabaret-like attitude and improvisational chaos on stage."
Sridhar's original theatre productions as writer-director-performer include Yoni Ki Baat (South Asian Women's Collective, USA, 2003) and The Flying Wallas: Opera Noir (Prithvi Theatre Festival, India 2009). Her performance art and sound design works include Between The Waves by Tejal Shah (dOCUMENTA 13, Germany 2012), The Kochi Intervention (Kochi Biennale 2014) and Transformation 19124 (Flying Kite, Philadelphia 2012) amongst others.
- Positive (2013) by DCF (India)
- STD (2012) by Sridhar/Thayil (India)
- Baby, Let's Bathe in Blood (2012) by White Fire Studios (Australia)
- Classic Bollywood: Shaken Not Stirred (2010) by Mikey McCleary (Sony Music)
- Petri Dish Project (2010) by Blue Frog Records (India)
- These Errors Are Correct (2008) by Tranquebar Press (India)
- Brown Circles (2006) by Apple & Orange Studios (USA)
- Bliss Beyond (2005) by Earth Tones Music (USA)
|2016||Jaundya Na Balasaheb||"Mona Darling"||Marathi||Ajay-Atul|
|2015||Bombay Velvet||"Fifi"||Hindi||Mikey McCleary|
|2012||Talaash||"Muskaanein Jhooti Hai"||Hindi||Ram Sampath|
|2011||Shaitan||"Hawa Hawai", "Khoya Khoya Chand"||Hindi||Mikey McCleary|
|404 Error Not Found||"Kya Dekh Raha Hai"||Hindi||Imaad Shah|
|Luv Ka The End||"Tonight"||English||Ram Sampath|
|2010||Ayesha||background score||Hindi||Amit Trivedi|
|2013||Times of India Film Awards||Best Female Playback Singer||Singer||Nominated|||
|2013||MTV Video Music Awards India||Best Female Indie Artist||Singer-Songwriter-Producer||Nominated|||
|2013||Jack Daniel's Rock Awards||Band of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Female Vocalist||Singer-Songwriter-Producer||Nominated|||
|2013||Femina Women's Awards||Music Category||Singer-Songwriter||Nominated|||
|2012||Radio Mirchi Music Awards||Upcoming Female Vocalist of the Year||Singer||Nominated|||
|2012||Color Screen Awards||Best Female Playback Singer||Singer||Nominated|||
|2009||Jack Daniel's Rock Awards||Emerging Band of the Year||Singer-Songwriter-Producer||Won|||
- "Review: STD – Sridhar/Thayil › NH7 – Discover new music and explore alternative culture from India and around the world".
- "Trailblazers 2013: INK Fellows Meet – Stories, Ideas and Perspectives – 300+ Inspirational talks by remarkable people from INK events -".
- "Strange Love". 18 January 2016.
- "Sridhar and Thayil's full-length studio album". The Times Of India. 10 April 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "STD, by Sridhar/Thayil".
- "The Search for Rolling Stone India's 25 Greatest Indian Rock Songs of the last 25 Years". Rolling Stone India. 8 October 2014. Retrieved 2014-11-20.
- "STD, by Sridhar/Thayil".