Vyas in 2015
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
(m. 2010; div. 2017)
Ekta Kaul (m. 2018)
Sumeet Vyas (born 27 July 1983) is an Indian actor and writer of films, web series and theatre. His breakthrough role was Mikesh Chaudhary in TVF's 2014 web series Permanent Roommates. Vyas has since played supporting roles in Bollywood films including the 2015 productions Parched and Guddu Ki Gun, and 2018's Veere Di Wedding. He has his first starring role in 2016 drama film Ribbon; his performance was well received by critics. Apart from acting in films and television programmes, Vyas also appears in theatre productions in India.
Sumeet Vyas was born in Jodhpur, Rajasthan to writer B.M Vyas and Sudha Vyas and spent his initial years there before moving to Mumbai to pursue his passion for acting and writing. He has attended R.D. National College, Mumbai. During his school days, Sumeet aspired to become a pilot or a computer engineer. But, he had a passion for acting and writing also. Later, choosing the second option, he gave up his college studies and started working as an assistant editor in an editing studio in Mumbai. 
Vyas made his television debut with a small role in the Doordarshan serial Woh huye na hamare. He then starred in TV show Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein as Karthik. He has been actively involved in the theatre since his early days as an actor. He also had a major role in the TV series Stories by Rabindranath Tagore. He made his Bollywood debut in the movie Jashn in 2009. Then he went on to act in movie English Vinglish. And till date he has worked in more than 30 movies. and has subsequently acted in movies like Guddu Ki Gun, Parched, Aurangzeb, and Kajarya.
Vyas is an active supporter of theatre and claims to enjoy working as a theatre artist rather than in Bollywood. He was married to actress Shivani Tanksale for 7 years. Later, he married TV actress Ekta Kaul on 15 September 2018.
|2012||English Vinglish||Salman Khan|
|Oye Teri||Short Film|
|Haircut||Short Film, Writer & Director|
|2015||Rajasthani Cowboys||Short Film|
|Sabki Bajegi Band||Amit|
|Guddu Ki Gun||Laddu|
|Tum Bhi Na||Music Video|
|2017||Born Free||Samarth||Short Film|
|2018||Camouflage||Krishna Singh||Short Film|
|Love Per Square Foot||Dialogue writer|||
|Veere Di Wedding||Rishabh Malhotra|||
|2019||Made in China||Devraj|
|2006||Kasamh Se||Daksh Randeria||Zee TV|
|2007||Woh Hue Na Hamare||Sameer||DD National|
|2009-10||Rehna Hai Teri Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein||Kartik||Imagine TV|
|2011-12||Chandragaupta Maurya||Ambik Kumar||Imagine TV|
|2014||Laut Aao Trisha||VK||Life OK|
|2015||Stories by Rabindranath Tagore||Bihari||Epic TV||Story - Chokher Bali|||
|2016||Comedy Nights Bachao||Himself||Colors TV|||
|2014-16||Permanent Roommates||Mikesh Chaudhary||The Viral Fever|||
|2015||Bang Baaja Baaraat||Y-Films||Co-writer|||
|2016||TVF Tripling||Chandan||The Viral Fever||Co-writer|||
|2018||Official CEOgiri||Dilawar / D-Sir||Arre|||
|2019||TVF Tripling Season 2||Chandan||The Viral Fever||Co-writer|||
|The Verdict - State vs Nanavati||Ram Jethmalani||ZEE5 & ALTBalaji|
- Iyer, Sanyukta (28 January 2017). "Sumeet Vyas-Nidhi Singh trace their journey from small-town oblivion to global recognition". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- Sharma, Dipti (1 October 2016). "Sumeet Vyas-Nidhi Singh trace their journey from small-town oblivion to global recognition". The Indian Express. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Woh Hue Na Hamare".
- ETC Bollywood (9 December 2015). "Sumeet Vyas - Actor Of Web-Series, Permanent Roommates - Exclusive Interview" – via YouTube.
- "Sumeet Vyas on his English Vinglish co-star Sridevi: It is a well-deserved National Award". 15 April 2018.
- "Watch how meeting the in-laws can go wrong in BigRock's new video". Inshorts - Stay Informed. Retrieved 15 June 2017.
- "SPLITSVILLE! 'Permanent Roommates' actor Sumeet Vyas heads for DIVORCE". ABP Live. 3 June 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Sumeet Vyas, Ekta Kaul Are Now Married: PICS Inside". Headlines Today. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Playing negative character is refreshing: Sumeet Vyas". The Indian Express.
- "Wondering Why Sumeet Vyas' Film is Called Ribbon? Actor Explains". News18.
- "The story of behind Netflix's 'Love Per Square Foot'". The Hindu.
- "Sumeet Vyas: I was intimidated by Kareena Kapoor's stardom when paired with her". Hindustan Times.
- "Sumeet Vyas on High Jack: I wanted to explore a slightly weird topic". The Indian Express.
- "Sumeet Vyas: I am itching to play a negative role on-screen". Hindustan Times.
- "Permanent Roommates's Sumeet Vyas to be a part of Comedy Nights Bachao 2". The Times of India.
- "'Permanent Roommates' is a drama so good, you won't find it on Indian TV". Scroll.
- "Mikesh is not annoying, he is just over-expressive: Sumeet Vyas on his 'Permanent Roommates' character". News18.
- "Bang Baaja Baaraat review: YRF's new web series can give rom-coms a run for their money". First Post.
- "5 things that make TVF Tripling the blockbuster web series that it is". India Today.
- "Official CEOgiri first impression: Sumeet Vyas' act is starting to get repetitive now". The Indian Express.
- "TVF Tripling Season 2 teaser out! Sumeet Vyas, Maanvi Gagroo and Amol Parashar reunite for another interesting road trip". India Today. 7 March 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- DelhiJune 22, Indo-Asian News Service New; June 22, 2019UPDATED:; Ist, 2019 15:00. "Kubbra Sait and Sumeet Vyas team up for musical web series Rejctx". India Today. Retrieved 31 July 2019.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link)
- "Parchhayee Episode 7 Topaz Review: Sumeet Vyas And Isha Talwar Tell A Worth Watch". Zee Tv. 2 October 2019. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|