|Born||13 June 1984|
|Education||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|Occupation||Co-founder and CEO www.opentalk.to|
Sumit Jain (born 13 June 1984) is an Indian software engineer and Internet entrepreneur, He started online real-estate portal Commonfloor.com for property seekers in 2007. Prior to that, he used to work with Oracle. As the co-founder and CEO, Sumit is responsible for driving the strategic direction for CommonFloor as well as delivering on company goals. On 7 January 2016, the classifieds advertising platform Quikr announced that they acquired CommonFloor. After 1 year of acquisition, Sumit moved out of Quikr. In July 2017, Sumit along with Co-Founder Ashwani Jain launched Opentalk, a social voice app aimed to help users become better at speaking English by talking with other English speakers.
Born and brought up in Khatauli, a small town in Uttar Pradesh, India. Sumit's father had a shop where he sold building products, in which he spent most of his time when a child, and sometimes his father left the store under his care for days, telling him not to call him for any reason.
Sumit graduated as a computer engineer from the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee in 2006. After a short spell with Oracle Server Technologies, he decided to start his own business and in 2007 he started Commonfloor.com with Lalit Mangal and Vikas Malpani. He sold CommonFloor to Quikr in Jan 2016 and worked with Quikr for a year. He started Opentalk in 2017 along with Ashwani Jain.
Awards and recognition
- Fortune 40 Under 40 
- Dataquest’s list of the 25 Hot Indian Web 2.0 start-ups
- Business World Hottest Young Entrepreneurs
- Listed in Power Profiles in India for the year of 2015.
- Younger Achiever of the Year 2015' by National Awards for Excellence in Real Estate & Infrastructure 
- "'We want to be the Google of Indian real estate: Sumit Jain'". Business Standard. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- "Sumit Jain Built an Incredible Business From Scratch".
- Reporter, B. S. (8 January 2016). "Quikr buys CommonFloor in $200-mn all-stock deal". Business Standard India. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Ganguly, Payal (16 January 2017). "CommonFloor founders quit a year after Quikr acquisition". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Toms, Manu (29 March 2018). "Commonfloor cofounder Sumit Jain launches voice-based social app". The Economic Times. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "His business education started at age 8...here's CommonFloor CEO's unusual story".
- "Fortune India's 40-under-40 : Groupon, Jombay, Zivame Flipkart, InMobi".
- "Dataquest presents Top 25 Indian Web 2.0 Start-ups".
- "The Brightest New Stars".
- "LinkedIn Power Profiles 2015 In India Speak The Voice of Leadership".
- "Sumit Jain awarded 'Young Achiever of the Year'".