Seth Troxler at SummaDayze 2012 in Melbourne
|Location(s)||Australia, New Zealand|
|Founded by||Future Entertainment|
Summadayze is an annual Australian music festival held in the month of January. The first event occurred on 1 January 1998 at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne. It has since expanded into a four city festival including one in New Zealand. Summadayze is organised by Future Entertainment.
Summadayze was held at Doug Jennings Park on the Gold Coast in 2003. In 2004, the Summadayze festival was held in Melbourne, Gold Coast, Auckland and Perth. The 2006 event in Melbourne saw 23,000 tickets sellout for a 15-hour event. 35 drug-related arrests were made. In 2011, events were again held in Melbourne, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Perth. The Melbourne event saw 59 people arrested on drugs charges.
Lineups by year
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Summadayze.|
- Carolyn Webb (3 January 2006). "Happy dayze with a bubble feature at the bowl". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Jesse Hogan (3 January 2006). "Police dog units to target rave parties". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- "Summadayze line-ups for Melbourne, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Perth". Triple J. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Jack Kerr (2 January 2011). "Scores arrested at Melbourne music festival". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Summadayze Official website