Summer MixTape Festival
Ad for 2012 festival
|Founded by||Live Nation|
The Summer Mixtape Festival is a major summer music festival launched in summer 2012. The first festival was held in Hersheypark Stadium in Hershey, Pennsylvania on August 17–18, 2012, featuring a number of icons and mainstream headliners such as New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, The Fray, and LL Cool J. The festival featured two stages over two days.
The Wanted joined New Kids on the Block on stage in a performance of "Glad You Came" on August 17, 2012, and NKOTBSB brought out 98 Degrees to greet the crowd in the middle of their show on August 18, 2012. NKOTBSB also revealed that it was the last time they would perform together as they were going their separate ways after the festival. There was an additional event on August 19, 2012 called "Rock n' Jock". It's a softball game featuring New Kids on the Block versus Backstreet Boys in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
- "About : MixTape Festival". Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "BSBBQ". Backstreet Boys. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Summer MixTape". Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- Garibaldi, Christina (19 August 2012). "The Wanted, 98 Degrees Join NKOTBSB Onstage At MixTape Festival". MTV. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Official Mixtape Festival Facebook note". Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Nick & Drew Lachey Announce 98 Degrees Will Reunite For One Performance! [AUDIO]". Ryan Seacrest. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "MIXTAPE FESTIVAL RETURNS July 26 & 27 TO HERSHEYPARK STADIUM -- Presented by VH1 and Live Nation" (Press release). PR Newswire. 29 April 2013. Archived from the original on 9 June 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2013.
|This music festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|