|Universal Health Services|
The hospital viewed from Town Center Drive
|Location||Summerlin, Nevada, United States|
|Standards||The Joint Commission|
|Helipad||FAA LID: 0NV1|
|Lists||Hospitals in Nevada|
Summerlin Hospital is a for-profit hospital owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services. It is the only hospital in Summerlin, Clark County, Nevada. The hospital, which provides 454 beds, is on Town Center Drive, and is located in the Summerlin village of The Crossings.
When it was constructed in 1997, floors were built and left vacant to speed the construction of future expansions while reducing the impact of new construction on existing operations.
The first expansion doubled the size of the Intensive care unit in 1999.
In 2001 the number of available beds was doubled from another expansion.
A four-bed pediatric emergency room was opened in June 2005.
Plans were announced on March 13, 2007 to expand the hospital to 480 beds and add a second medical office building with 80,000 sq ft (7,400 m2) to the campus. The expansion that is projected to cost $100 million entered its last phase with the ground breaking for the patient tower. The ER expansion and the 600 space parking garage have been completed. The expansion was opened in December 2009 and added an additional 173-private patient rooms, an expanded labor and delivery unit, a new state-of-the-art level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit,and an expanded emergency room with a dedicated Pediatric ER.
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Center
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Children's Medical Center
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Heart Institute
- Outpatient Services
- Outpatient Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Pediatric Therapy Center
- Rehabilitation Program
- Respiratory Therapy
- Robotic Surgery Institute
- Sleep Study Center
- Social Services
- Stroke Services
- Women's Health Center
- Wound Care Program
- Summerlin Medical Center Heliport - FAA LID: 0NV1, 40 ft × 40 ft (12 m × 12 m) helipad built with bituminous concrete
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, March 12, 2007, page 2B
- "Summerlin hospital expands". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2008-07-12. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Jan, Hogan. "Summerlin Hospital marks 15 years". Review Journal. Las Vegas Review Journal.
- "Hospital Services". Summerlin Hospital. Summerlin Hospital.