SunSetter's primary product lines are awnings, but the company also manufactures flagpoles, solar shades, screen rooms, and mats. The company currently produces four different types of deck and patio awnings (including motorized and hand-cranked awnings); customers choose the color and size. Most of their awnings are designed for attachment directly to a structure; the company only manufactures one type of freestanding awning. SunSetter sells most of its products directly, but also uses various third-party distributors.
SunSetter's primary television commercial is well known in the United States. This version has been airing since 2007 and remains in heavy rotation as of 2017. Only minor updates have been made to the commercial over the years; the initial advertised minimum price was advertised as $398, but was increased to $599, likely to account for inflation.
- Haire, Thomas (Aug 2012), "DR Shines Bright for SunSetter", Response Magazine, pp. 23–26
- Qualters, Sheri (6 March 2006), "Made in the shade: Awning co. grows with contractors", Boston Business Journal, retrieved 7 March 2008
- http://www.sunsetterflagpole.com/. Retrieved 1 September 2016. Missing or empty
- Martin, Brett (March 2007), "Shade your deck", The Family Handyman, pp. 73–78
- "Before You Install a Retractable Awning". Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "Shauna Bartel". Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- SunSetter TV Spot, 'Too Hot'. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- John Edwards loves Sunsetter Retractable Awnings. Retrieved 1 September 2016.