Sun Capital Partners
|Founded||Boca Raton, Florida, US (1995)|
|Headquarters||Boca Raton, Florida, US|
|Rodger Krouse (co-CEO)
Marc J. Leder (co-CEO)
|Products||Private Equity Funds|
Sun Capital Partners, Inc. is an American privately held global investment firm focused on leveraged buyouts, equity, debt, and other investments. The company has invested in more than 330 companies worldwide with combined sales in excess of $45 billion since Sun Capital’s founding in 1995 and has offices in Boca Raton, Florida.
Sun Capital has over $9 billion of capital under management and often provides financing for the full purchase price at closing and then later raising long-term debt financing. Sun Capital targets companies with up to $3 billion in sales but often completes transactions with businesses with sales in the range of $50 million and $500 million. Sun Capital claims that due to their high staffing levels, they can close deals sooner than their competitors, but they do not provide any independent research or data to support this claim.
- 2006: Completed 33 transactions (both portfolio and add-on acquisitions) among which is Marsh Supermarkets of Indianapolis, Indiana, the owner/operator of 128 supermarkets/food stores, and 400 Village Pantry/Worsley convenience stores, among other divisions.
- 2008: Sun Capital completed 26 transactions including a majority interest in Gordmans, a department store chain headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska.
- 2011: Sun Capital completed 33 transactions including an investment in The SCOOTER Store, acquired NextPharma (UK), Polestar UK Print, the Britton Group, Vitro America, Contessa Premium Foods and Scotch and Soda (clothing), an Amsterdam-based clothing manufacturer/retailer and Kobusch-Sengewald, a German-based packaging provider. Sun Capital has also exited Bruegger's Bagels which was acquired by Groupe Le Duff and Big 10 Tires which was acquired by Pep Boys.
- 2012: Sun Capital completed 30 transactions including Strauss Innovation, a Germany-based home furnishing and apparel retailer, American Golf UK clothing retailer Bonmarché, CornerStone Research & Development, Certified Power and ELIX Polymers. Sun Capital has also exited Thermasys which was acquired by Wellspring Capital Management, Del Monte Canada was sold to ConAgra Foods and Raybestos Powertrain was sold to Monomoy Capital Partners, FRS was sold to Park-Ohio Holdings, Sonneborn was sold to One Equity Partners and Fearmans Pork was sold to Sofina Foods.
- 2013: Sun Capital completed eighteen acquisitions, eight exits and two IPOs. Some transactions include: Johnny Rockets was sold to Sun Capital Partners in 2013. A majority stake in food packaging company Paragon Print and Packaging was also acquired by Sun Capital Partners in 2013.
- 2014 Sun Capital completed the acquisitions of ADTI, Aclara and Robertshaw. Sun Capital exited Wabash, Farfield Companies, Certified Power, Cornerstone, Manoir Aerospace, Emerald Performance Materials, DBA Apparel and Chicago Leisure.
- 2015 Sun Capital completed the acquisitions of Critical Flow Solutions, Flabeg, Flexitech and Flamingo Horticulture. Sun Capital exited Point Blank, VPS, Fazolis, Vari-Form, Hickory Farms, Polestar and Loud Technologies, Inc.
- Sun Capital: About US retrieved August 4, 2012
- “The Sun Also Rises,” The Deal Magazine, November 27, 2009 Retrieved 2010-06-11
- Star, Lincoln Journal. "Gordmans celebrating 100 years". Fremont Tribune. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- Luna, Nancy (June 18, 2013). "O.C.-based burger chain Johnny Rockets sold". The Orange County Register. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Paragon Print and Packaging Completes Investment Deal with Sun Capital Partners". Paragon Print and Packaging.
- "Hanesbrands Inc. - Investors - Press Release".