Sun Constellation System
Main hardware components
- Sun Blade 6048 Modular System
- Sun Blade 6000 System
- Sun Datacenter Switch 3456
- Sun Fire X4540
- Sun Cooling Doors (5200,5600)
- OpenSolaris or Linux
- Sun Grid Engine
- Sun Studio Compiler Suite
- Fortress (programming language)
- Sun HPC ClusterTools (based on Open MPI)
- Sun Ops Center
Ranger at the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) was the largest production Constellation system. Ranger had 62,976 processor cores in 3,936 nodes and a peak performance of 580 TFlops. Ranger was the 7th most powerful TOP500 supercomputer in the world at the time of its introduction. After 5 years of service at TACC, it was dismantled and shipped to South Africa, Tanzania, and Botswana to help foster HPC development in Africa.
- "TACC > HPC Systems". The University of Texas at Austin. Archived from the original on 2009-08-01. Retrieved 2007-12-13.
- "More Ranger Facts and Figures". Sun Microsystems. Retrieved 2016-06-18.
- "TOP500 List - November 2008". TOP500.Org. 2010-08-11.
- Salazar, Jorge (2014-07-14). "Ranger Supercomputer Begins New Life". The University of Texas at Austin. Retrieved 2016-05-04.
- "HPC Consortium: University of Oslo". Sun Microsystems. 2008-06-17. Retrieved 2016-06-18.