Sun TV Network
|Public (BSE: 532733, NSE: SUNTV)|
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Kalanidhi Maran (Chairman)
K. Vijaykumar (CEO and MD)
|Revenue||₹23.95 billion (US$360 million) (2015)|
|₹7.82 billion (US$120 million) (2015)|
Number of employees
Sun TV Network Limited is an Indian mass media company headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It is a part of Sun Group and is Asia's largest TV network. Established on 13 April 1993 by Kalanidhi Maran, it owns a variety of television channels and radio stations in multiple languages. Its flagship channel is Sun TV, which was the first fully privately owned Tamil channel in India. Sun Group owns Hyderabad-based IPL team Sunrisers Hyderabad since 2012.
Products and operations
|Entertainment||Sun TV||Gemini TV||Udaya TV||Surya TV|
|Music||Sun Music||Gemini Music||Udaya Music||Surya Music|
|Movie||K TV||Gemini Movies||Udaya Movies||Kiran Tv|
|News||Sun News||Gemini News||Udaya News|
|History||Sun Life||Gemini Life|
|Comedy||Adithya TV||Gemini Comedy||Udaya Comedy||Chirithira|
|Kids||Chutti TV||Kushi TV||Chintu TV||Kochu Tv|
|Action||Sun Action||Gemini Action|
|Entertainment||Sun TV HD||Gemini TV HD|
|Music||Sun Music HD|
|Movie||K TV HD|
Sun Group owns two daily newspapers and five magazines in Tamil. Dinakaran was founded in 1977 by K. P. Kandasamy and was acquired from K. P. K. Kumaran by Sun Network in 2005. It is the second largest circulated Tamil daily in India after Dina Thanthi. Tamil Murasu is an evening newspaper. The group owns magazines Kungumam, Kumguma Chimizh, Kungumam Thozhi, Aanmigam, Mutharam and Vannathirai.
- FY 2012 Sun TV Network
- "Sun, Zee remain top on profitability charts". Rediff.com. 31 December 2013.
- "Problems in Sun TV Network license renewal". kinindia.net. 2015-06-08.
- "Sun TV Network win Hyderabad IPL franchise". Wisden India. 25 October 2012.
- "Sun Risers to represent Hyderabad in IPL". Wisden India. 18 December 2012.
- "Kalanithi Maran: Defying the odds". Forbes. 25 November 2015.
- Jeffrey, Robin (24 March 2000). India's newspaper revolution. C. Hurst & Co. p. 79,80,114,135. ISBN 978-1-85065-383-7.
- "Sun acquires Dinakaran newspaper". rediff.com. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- Judy Franko (13 March 2010). "Tamil daily Dinakaran takes over the lead". exchange4media.com. Retrieved 7 November 2010.
- "India's 15 most-read newspapers". rediff.com. 5 May 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2010.