Sun Newspapers is a chain of 11 weekly newspapers serving 49 different communities in Greater Cleveland. The papers are focused on suburbs and exurbs in Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lorain and Medina counties. Its offices are in Valley View.
While some of the papers in the chain date back, under previous ownership, to the early 20th century, the company was founded in its current form in 1969, as part of SunMedia. In 1998 it was sold to Advance Publications, part of the S.I. Newhouse media empire, which also publishes The Plain Dealer, the region's major daily.
The 11 papers are divided into four groups. Each group is responsible for two to three different papers, all of which have strictly defined coverage areas.
- Sun Star-Courier: Brecksville, Broadview Heights, Strongsville and North Royalton.
- Medina Sun: Medina and Medina Township.
- Brunswick Sun Times: Brunswick, Brunswick Hills and Hinckley.
- Sun Post: Brooklyn, Independence, Parma, Parma Heights and Seven Hills
- News Sun: Berea, Brook Park, Middleburg Heights.
- Sun Messenger: Gates Mills, Highland Heights, Lyndhurst, Mayfield, Mayfield Heights, Richmond Heights and South Euclid.
- Sun Press: Beachwood, Cleveland Heights, Shaker Heights, and University Heights.
- Chagrin Solon Sun: Bainbridge Township, Bentleyville, Chagrin Falls, Hunting Valley, Moreland Hills, Pepper Pike, Russell Township, South Russell, Orange Village and Solon.
- Sun Post Herald: Fairview Park, Lakewood, North Olmsted Olmsted Falls, Olmsted Township and the west side of Cleveland.
- Sun Sentinel: Avon, Avon Lake and North Ridgeville.
- West Shore Sun: Bay Village, Rocky River and Westlake
- "Sun News announces reorganization plan". Sun Newspapers. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-13.