Sun Peaks, British Columbia
|Mountain resort municipality|
|Sun Peaks, Mountain Resort Municipality|
|Incorporated||June 28, 2010|
|• Mayor||Al Raine|
|• Total||40.86 km2 (15.78 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.1/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC-8)|
Sun Peaks is a mountain resort municipality in British Columbia, Canada. It was incorporated on June 28, 2010. It is built around Sun Peaks Resort. It is located 55 kilometres northeast of Kamloops. The municipality has a resident population of 371 people, with an additional 900 non-resident property owners.
- Jumbo Glacier, British Columbia, the only other community incorporated "mountain resort municipality" in the province
- List of communities in British Columbia
- List of municipalities in British Columbia
- "British Columbia Regional Districts, Municipalities, Corporate Name, Date of Incorporation and Postal Address" (XLS). British Columbia Ministry of Communities, Sport and Cultural Development. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Sun Peaks is Canada's newest municipality".
- "Sun Peaks set to become B.C.'s first mountain resort municipality". Vancouver Sun. June 25, 2010. Retrieved July 2, 2011.
- Sun Peaks travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This article about a location in British Columbia, Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|