|Chinese name||孫燕姿 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||孙燕姿 (simplified)|
|Pinyin||Sūn Yànzī (Mandarin)|
|Birth name||Sng Ee Tze|
23 July 1978 |
|Label(s)||Warner, Capitol, Wonderful, Universal|
|Spouse(s)||Nadim Van Der Ros (m. 2011)|
|Ancestry||Chaozhou, Guangdong, China|
|Alma mater||Nanyang Technological University|
Stefanie Sun (simplified Chinese: 孙燕姿; traditional Chinese: 孫燕姿; pinyin: Sūn Yànzī, born 23 July 1978) is a Singaporean singer-songwriter. In 2000, she released her debut album, Yan Zi, which won her a Golden Melody Award for Best New Artist. In 2004, she released her eighth studio album, Stefanie, which won her another Golden Melody Award for Best Mandarin Female Singer. Having sold more than 30 million records, she achieved popularity in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Life and career
Sun was born in Singapore on July 23, 1978. She attended Nanyang Primary School, St. Margaret's Secondary School, Raffles Girls' School, Saint Andrew's Junior College, and Nanyang Technological University, where she obtained a bachelor's degree of Marketing in 2000. During the college, she wrote her first song titled "Someone", which later appears on her 2002 album, Start. She also attended LWS School of Music, and her vocal talent was discovered by her music teacher Lee Wei Song, who later introduced Sun to Samuel Chou, the chairman of Warner Music Taiwan at the time.
In May 2011, Sun married with Nadim Van Der Ros, who is a Dutch-Indonesian and founder of The Good Bean Consultancy. They had actually secretly registered their marriage in March 2011. In October 2012, Sun gave birth to her first child.
- Yan Zi (2000)
- My Desired Happiness (2000)
- Kite (2001)
- Start (2002)
- Leave (2002)
- To Be Continued... (2003)
- Stefanie (2004)
- A Perfect Day (2005)
- Against the Light (2007)
- It's Time (2011)
- Kepler (2014)
- Rainbow Bot (2016)
- 2000 Live Concert (2001)
- Start World Tour (2002)
- "The Good Bean Consultancy". xinmsn. 3 February 2012.
- "Stefanie Sun wedding". todayonline. 8 May 2011.
- "Stefanie Sun wedding photos". YeinJee. 8 May 2011.
- "Stefanie Sun says 'I do'". xinmsn. 13 April 2011.
- "Stefanie Sun has given birth to a boy, 3.4 kg". The Straits Times. 31 October 2012.
- "快訊 ／孫燕姿當媽了！ 兒子萬聖節前來搗蛋 (Chinese)". Yes Entertainment. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- "孙燕姿喜得3.4公斤男婴 自然分娩母子平安 (Chinese)". qq.com. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stefanie Sun.|