Sunalta with downtown Calgary in background
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Evan Woolley|
|Elevation||1,055 m (3,461 ft)|
|• Average Income||$32,409|
It is located in the inner city, south-west of downtown Calgary, south of the Bow River, and both east and north of the community of Scarboro. It contains a balanced mix of single-family detached home, condominium and apartment buildings.
Sunalta is a mixed income neighbourhood, with the median household income of $$32,409 (2000), and 30.1% low-income residents. As of 2000, 21.1% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 85.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 83% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Sunalta Elementary public school and Sacred Heart Elementary school (also publicly funded.)
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Sunalta - Community Social Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-03.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Sunalta Area Redevelopment Plan" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 8 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-06-25.
||Hillhurst||Sunnyside||Downtown West End|