|C-Train station (West Line)|
|Location||10 Ave. SW, Calgary, AB|
|Owned by||Calgary Transit|
|Line(s)||Blue Line (202)|
63 Lakeview Express
112 Sarcee Road
Sunalta station is a CTrain light rail station in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It serves the West line (Route 202 extension). A preview service was held on December 8, 2012, and the station opened for revenue service on December 10, 2012.
The station is located on an elevated guideway, constructed on the south side of the CPR mainline. It is located near 16 Street SW and the communities of Sunalta, Connaught, Scarboro and Downtown West, 1.1 km West of the 7 Avenue & 9 Street SW Interlocking.
Inside the station building, escalators, stairs and an elevator provide access to the mezzanine level where the pedestrian overpass connects the station to Bow Trail and the Greyhound Bus Depot. From the mezzanine level, a further two sets of escalators, stairs, and elevators provide access up to the side-loading platform.
Sunalta is the first elevated station in the CTrain system and is the only station currently planned this way. An Area Redevelopment Plan for the station's surroundings was approved by City Council in March 2010.
In its first year of service, Sunalta served an average of 5,640 boardings per day.
Notable places nearby
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2012-12-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Howell, Trevor Scott (December 8, 2012). "Crowds turn out to welcome city's newest LRT line". Calgary Herald. Archived from the original on December 11, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- Potkins, Meghan (November 7, 2012). "West LRT line will open Dec. 10 on time, city says". Calgary Herald. Archived from the original on December 8, 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-07.
- West LRT, Sunalta Station
- Calgary's west CTrain line: Sunalta Station (YouTube)
- Take a ride from 69 Street Station to Sunalta Station (YouTube)
- Sunalta Area Redevelopment Plan
- "West LRT One Year Review" (pdf). 2014. p. 23. Archived (PDF) from the original on May 5, 2016. Retrieved January 19, 2019.