|Parent||Transit Australia Group|
|Service type||Bus operator|
|Fleet||262 (June 2013)|
Sunbus is an Australian operator of bus services in Queensland.
In 1995 Harry Blundred, the proprietor of Thames Transit in the United Kingdom, was awarded the operating rights to route services in a number of regions in Queensland following the state government deciding to put the operation of these services out to tender.
In January 2000 the Ipswich business was sold to the Pulitano Group and in September 2003 Hagan's, Bus Service, Toowoomba was purchased and rebranded Garden City Sunbus. This was sold in April 2009 to the Pulitano Group.
In April 2008 Blundred sold the remaining Sunbus operations to Transit Australia Group.
As at June 2013 the fleet consisted of 262 buses. When Sunbus commenced it introduced a large number of Mercedes-Benz Vario midibuses. These have since been replaced by Bustech bodied Volvo B7RLEs, B12BLEs, Bustech MDis and XDis. Fleet livery is light blue.
- "Private Operators" Fleetline July 1995 page 237
- "Private Operators" Australian Bus Panorama 13/1 August 1997 page 22
- Buslink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Kynoch Coaches and Sunbus Toowoomba sold to Pulitano Group Australian Bus & Coach
- Bus Australia Toowoomba Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Magnetic Island Bus Service Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Hermit Park Bus Service Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Transit Australia Group buys Hermit Park Bus Company Transit Australia Group
- Sunbus Australian Bus Fleet Lists