|Service area||Sunshine Coast|
|Service type||Bus operator|
University of the Sunshine Coast Landsborough
|Fleet||91 (May 2018)|
Sunbus Sunshine Coast was an Australian operator of bus services on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It operated 25 services under contract to the Government of Queensland under the Translink banner. It was one of Sunbus' operations. As of 2022, Sunbus has changed its name as part of a business re-brand by the parent company, Kinetic. Sunbus has now been dissolved into the Kinetic brand with its fleet of buses reflecting this change.
In 1995, Harry Blundred, the proprietor of Thames Transit in the United Kingdom, was awarded the operating rights to route services in the Sunshine Coast region, taking over the services around Caloundra and Maroochydore that had been provided by Sunshine Coast Coaches. In 1996, Tewantin Bus Service was purchased with the services between Maroochydore and Noosa.
In late 2022, Sunbus was officially branded as KINETIC with all new advertising now showing the Kinetic Brand. All new buses will display the Kinetic logo with the current fleet of Sunbus slowly being updated to reflect the new brand name. The current website for Sunbus will stay active until early 2023 before it will be deactivated, directing customers to the new Kinetic website.
As of May 2018, the fleet consisted of 91 buses. Sunbus introduced a light blue livery. This has been replaced by the Translink livery of white body, green ends, a green and blue wavy stripe down each side and the TransLink logo toward the back. However, buses 5701-5728 (excluding 5707), sport the original livery.
- "Welcome to Sunbus - the leading regional Queensland bus operator". Sunbus. Retrieved 2 November 2022.
- "Private Operators" Fleetline July 1995 page 237
- "Tewantin Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama 12/3 December 1996 page 53
- "Private Operators" Australian Bus Panorama 13/1 August 1997 page 22
- Buslink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Merger of minds Australasian Bus & Coach July 2009
- "Skybus Operator to Acquire Transit Australia Group - Bustech not Included". Australasian Bus & Coach. 2 April 2019. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Skybus parent relaunched as 'Kinetic'". Australasian Bus & Coach. 8 August 2019. Archived from the original on 20 August 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- A new bus network is on the way for the Sunshine Coast Archived 14 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine TransLink November 2013
- Sunbus Australian Bus Fleet Lists