Sunbus Sunshine Coast
|Service area||Sunshine Coast|
|Service type||Bus operator|
University of the Sunshine Coast Landsborough
|Fleet||91 (May 2018)|
Sunbus Sunshine Coast is an Australian operator of bus services on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland. It operates 25 services under contract to the Government of Queensland under the TransLink banner. Sunbus is owned and operated by Transit Australia Group. It is one of Sunbus' operations.
In 1995, Harry Blundred, the proprietor of Thames Transit in the United Kingdom, was awarded the operating rights to route services in the Sunshine Coast region, taking over the services around Caloundra and Maroochydore that had been provided by Sunshine Coast Coaches. In 1996, Tewantin Bus Service was purchased with the services between Maroochydore and Noosa.
As of May 2018, the fleet consisted of 91 buses. Sunbus introduced a light blue livery. This has been replaced by the TransLink livery of white body, green ends, a green and blue wavy stripe down each side and the TransLink logo toward the back. However, buses 5701-5728 (excluding 5707), and 5533 still sport the original livery.
- "Private Operators" Fleetline July 1995 page 237
- "Tewantin Bus Service" Australian Bus Panorama 12/3 December 1996 page 53
- "Private Operators" Australian Bus Panorama 13/1 August 1997 page 22
- Buslink Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Merger of minds Australasian Bus & Coach July 2009
- "Skybus Operator to Acquire Transit Australia Group - Bustech not Included". Australasian Bus & Coach. 2 April 2019. Archived from the original on 22 April 2019. Retrieved 2 April 2019.
- "Skybus parent relaunched as 'Kinetic'". Australasian Bus & Coach. 8 August 2019. Archived from the original on 20 August 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- A new bus network is on the way for the Sunshine Coast Archived 14 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine TransLink November 2013
- Sunbus Australian Bus Fleet Lists