Sunday Times University of the Year
The Sunday Times University of the Year is a prestigious annual award given to a British university or other higher education institution by The Sunday Times. The current University of the Year for 2018 is Lancaster University, while the University of the Year for 2017 was the University of Leeds.
The award is given as part of the annual Sunday Times University Guide since the second supplement's second edition in 1999. Though the guide contains a league table of UK universities compiled from various statistics, the award is not necessarily given to the university at the top (in fact, it only has been in 2007 and 2010). Instead, a university is chosen by a panel of experts based on all round academic excellence.
In addition to the winner, shortlisted universities are also named. A runners-up position was introduced in 2006.
From 2009 onwards, the University Guide took the year of its name from the following year (so the guide published in 2009 is known as 2010, the guide published in 2010 is known as 2011 etc.)
Although very similar in name, this award has no connection to the "University of the Year" award given by Times Higher Education.
List of winners
- McCall, Alastair (2017-09-24). "Good University Guide: University of the Year 2018". The Sunday Times. ISSN 0956-1382. Retrieved 2017-09-26.
- Dundee, University of. "Dundee Is Scottish University Of The Year Again : News". University of Dundee. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- http://www.the-awards.co.uk/the2015/awardswinners/winners[permanent dead link]
- Alastair McCall, Birmingham is on the move: Taking the stress out of results day helped our University of the Year stand out from the rest, says Alastair McCall', The Sunday Times, 30 September 2013, University Guide 2014 section
- Alastair McCall, 'University of Exeter University of the Year', The Sunday Times, 30 September 2012, University Guide 2013 section
- Alastair McCall, 'University of Bath University of the Year', The Sunday Times, 11 September 2011, University Guide 2012 section
- Alastair McCall, 'King's Takes Academic Crown', The Sunday Times, 12 September 2009, University Guide 2011 section, p. 2
|This United Kingdom university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|