SUNDAR NAGAR, suket
|• Type||Union government|
|Elevation||866 m (2,841 ft)|
|• Rank||8 in HP|
|• Local Language||Mandayali|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||HP- HP-31|
Sundar Nagar is located in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, India. Its geographical coordinates are 31° 32' 0" North, 76° 53' 0" East and its original name (with diacritics) is Sundar nagar. The city has an average elevation of 866 metres (2,841 ft).
Weather: temperature varies from 42 °C in summers to −6 °C in winters.
Murari Devi temple:- this temple was made by pandwas during their agayatwas at the top of the hill named Murari Dhar. situated at a height of 1900 metres above sea level this place receives snowfall generally from December to February.
Mahamaya temple:- this is a sacred temple near Sundar Nagar known for its beauty.
Sukhdev vatika:- this place is said to be the home of the sage sukhdev.there is a small temple with a pond having a variety of dishes there. There is also a cave believed to be connected to Ganga river.
Rewalsar:-this place is known for its sacred lakes and beautiful scenic view.suitated at a height of 1310 metres. This place is also home to various Buddhist temples.
According to 2011 Census of India, the town's population stood at 24,344. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Sundar Nagar has an average literacy rate of 82%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 78%. In Sundar Nagar, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Joginder Nagar||85 km|
Sundar Nagar is situated on National Highway 21, 22 km from Mandi, and is well-connected by road to other places. Frequent bus services are available from Chandigarh, Delhi, Shimla, and Jammu for Sundar Nagar. The main bus stand is just above an open playing field, where the National Highway 21 continues along the left bank of river to Pandoh.
The nearest airport is Bhuntar, near Kullu, which is about 82 km from the town and the nearest broad-gauge railway station is Kiratpur Sahib which is about 105 km. Another broad-gauge railhead is at Pathankot, a distance of 210 km. From Pathankot, the narrow gauge railway connects to Joginder Nagar which is 80-km from Sundar Nagar.
- Government Polytechnic College
- Government Sanskrit College
- Jawaharlal Nehru Government Engineering College
- Maharaja Laxman Sen Memorial College
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Medical College, Nerchowk
- Gayatri College of Education
- Himalayan College of Education
- Jagriti College
- Nandini College Of Nursing
- Shri Sai School of Nursing
- PLC Business Complex (Nearby HRTC Bus Stand, NH-21, Chd-Mandi-Manali National Highway)
e-Governance Services Delivery Center
- Common Services Center (CSC), Deptt of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt Of India (Nearby New Manali Sweets & Bakers, HRTC Bus Stand, NH-21, Chd-Mandi-Manali National Highway)
- Hutchinson, J. & J. PH Vogel (1933). History of the punjab Hill States, Vol. I. 1st edition: Govt. Printing, Punjab, Lahore, 1933. Reprint 2000. Department of Language and Culture, Himachal Pradesh. Chapter VIII Suket State, pp. 340–372.
- History of Mandi