||This article has an unclear citation style. (September 2014)|
Sarker as Zoe Hanna in Casualty
25 June 1973
|Spouse(s)||Nick Corfield (m. 2003)|
Sarker was born in Liverpool into a Hindu family. Her father is a retired doctor, and her mother Bisakha taught Indian classical dance for which she was awarded an MBE in December 2013. Sarker has a degree in Information Systems for Business in Europe from Brunel University London.
Sarker has played a wide variety of roles in her career. Her initial success came when she was cast as Nisha Batra in the Channel 4 soap opera Brookside from 1988 to 1990 and then returned in 2000 until 2003.
In 2007, Sarker was a contestant on cooking show Celebrity MasterChef.
In 2009, Sarker provided the voiceover for the new Liverpool One shopping centre advertisements.
Strictly Come Dancing
In autumn 2014, Sarker competed in the twelfth series of the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, partnered with New Zealand professional dancer Brendan Cole. In the first week the couple danced a Tango to "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)" by Robert Palmer and scored 24. In the second week they danced a Cha-cha-cha to "Million Dollar Bill" by Whitney Houston and scored 26. In the third week the couple danced the American Smooth to "The Way You Look Tonight" from the film Swing Time and scored 40, including a 9 from head judge Len Goodman. Because of Sunetra's filming schedule, the routine had to be learned in a single day.
In the fourth week the couple danced the Salsa to "Turn the Beat Around" by Vicki Sue Robinson and scored 27. In the fifth week the couple danced the Viennese Waltz to "Anyone Who Had a Heart" by Cilla Black and scored 30. In week six, opening the show, they danced a Jive to "Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones and scored 27. In week seven they danced a Foxtrot to "All of Me" by John Legend and scored 31. In week eight, at Blackpool, they danced a Samba to "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" by the Scissor Sisters and scored 30. The couple were voted into the dance-off, against Judy Murray and Anton du Beke, but were unanimously saved by the judges.
In week nine they danced a Waltz, to "Last Request" by Paolo Nutini, and again scored 30, placing them in one from last place. The couple was voted into the dance-off with Steve Backshall and Ola Jordan, but were saved by three votes to one from the judges. In week ten they danced a Rumba to "The Girl from Ipanema" by Michael Bolton. The couple was again voted into the dance-off, against Mark Wright and Karen Hauer, but were unanimously voted out by the judges.
|1988–1990, 2000–2003||Brookside||Nisha Batra|
|1995||London Bridge||Jyoti Solanki|
|2000||Playing the Field||Dr Meera|
|2004||The Smoking Room||Monique|
|Holby City||Nanda Veer|
|2004–2006||No Angels||Anji Mittel|
|2006||New Street Law||Nita Shibani|
|2006–2007||The Chase||Clare Burns|
|2007||Mobile||DI Lorraine Conil|
|2007—||Casualty||Dr. Zoe Hanna|
|2012||Doctor Who||Indira||Episode: "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship"|
|2014||Strictly Come Dancing||Herself, contestant|
- "I’m happy to be a Casualty of success". liverpoolecho. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "BBC One - Strictly Come Dancing". BBC. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Sunetra Sarker". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "'Mobile' star Sunetra Sarker". Digital Spy. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "My little angel; Dawn Collinson talks to actress Sunetra Sarker about the joys of motherhood.". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "BBC - Drama - The Chase - Other characters". Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Sunetra Sarker (Zoe Hanna, 'Casualty')". Digital Spy. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Pointless Celebrities tonight on BBC1 with Sunetra Sarker and Paul Bradley from Casualty and Holby City and Surgical Spirit's Duncan Preston and Nichola McAuliffe". Scunthorpe Telegraph. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "Big Star's Little Star on ITV tonight with Jake Wood with son Buster, Sunetra Sarker with son Noah & former England rugby star Austin Healey with twins Betsey & Bibi Dee". Scunthorpe Telegraph. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- "BBC One - Strictly Come Dancing, Series 12 - Sunetra Sarker". BBC.
- Cathy Owen. "How Strictly Come Dancing's Sunetra Sarker splits her time between Cardiff and the dancefloor - Wales Online". walesonline.