|Elevation||2,412 ft (735 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||250092|
The community is about 3.5 miles (5.6 km) northeast of Joshua Tree. State Route 62 traverses the area south of Sunfair in an east–west direction. Sunfair lies near the northern border of Joshua Tree National Park
The community is served by the Morongo Unified School District.
The Hi-Desert Medical Center is located here.
Other nearby geographic features include:
- Hi Desert Airport (FAA ID: L80) at 5500 Sunfair Road near the south extent of the community  .
- Sunfair Heights, California — neighborhood to the north.
- Coyote Lake at  .
- Panorama Heights, a community to the south, at  .
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sunfair
- Sunfair, California, 7.5-minute quadrangle, US Geological Survey, 1993.
- US Department of Education, National Center for Educational Statistics, Common Core of Data files, 2006.
- Airport Facility Directory: Southwest US, US Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, (unknown year).