Sunhwa Arts School
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sunhwa Arts High School|
|Sunhwa Arts School|
Sunhwa Arts School is a private coeducational college preparatory arts academy located in Seoul, South Korea. Founded as the Little Angels Art School in 1973 by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon (the founder of the Unification Church), the Sunhwa Arts School was launched in 1974 and has been supported by the Sunhwa Educational Foundation since 1977, when this foundation was created by Reverend Moon.
It is considered to be among the most prominent visual arts, music and dance middle schools and high schools in South Korea. The school is known for its high academic standards and requires high entrance examination scores and interviews for acceptance. At the school, students specialize in one art form such as painting and sculpture, musical instruments or classical ballet. The school complex includes the Little Angels Performing Arts Center, home of the Little Angels Children's Folk Ballet of Korea, which also was founded by Moon in 1962.
- Jo Su-mi: Operatic soprano
- Pak Hoon-sook, the daughter-in-law of Sun Myung Moon and therefore sometimes referred to as Julia H. Moon: who is a ballerina with the Universal Ballet, which is sponsored by the Unification Church.
- Hee Seo, Principal dancer at American Ballet Theatre
- Kang Sue-jin: Ballerina with the Stuttgart Ballet group in Germany
- Moon Chae-won: Actress
- Yang Jin-sung: Actress, majored in Art Design