This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Actor, voice actor|
Sunil Varma is an Indian actor who works in the Telugu film industry. His roles usually are to provide comic relief. He acted over 172 Telugu films in his career. Sunil has won two Filmfare Awards and three Nandi Awards, which are the highest awards in Telugu cinema. He took his first lead role in Andala Ramudu (2006). Apart from his comic roles, his commercial successes as a lead actor include Maryada Ramanna (2010) directed by S. S. Rajamouli, Poola Rangadu (2012), and Tadakha (2013).
Sunil's career began on a slow note with movies like Second Hand (which was stopped from production), and Peruleni Cinema. Prema kadha and Swayamvaram were his first real opportunities in the industry. Chiru Navvuto and Nuvve Kavali were the first films that he acted in. Nuvve Kavali was the first one to release.
Sunil celebrated his 40th birthday for a noble cause donating to a blind school and spending time with them.
- Best Male Comedian – Nuvvu Nenu (2001)
- Best Male Comedian – Andhrudu (2005)
- Special Jury Award – Maryada Ramanna (2010)
- Sunil – Telugu Cinema interview – Telugu film actor
- http://www.ifilmish.com/100th-day-of-poola-rangadu/ Archived 20 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Sunil spends his birthday at Devnar Blind School". Cinesiren. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- 61st Filmfare Awards South