|Died||10 August 2015(aged 76)|
|Education||Government College of Art & Craft, Kolkata|
École des Beaux-Arts, Paris
|Known for||Painting, Drawing|
National Award, 1978
Early life and background
Das joined Government of India's Handloom division, Ministry of Textiles..
He was inspired by the force and the strength of the moving horse and went on to create a work made out of charcoal titled- Horses in Motion. His works revolved around Man-Woman relationships, Woman in her sexual empowerment and In her loneliness. He had around 88 solo exhibitions across the world including having his work included in the Paris Biennale.
He was the founding member of the Society of Contemporary Artists.
- Bull series
- A woman in her failings (oil on canvas)
- Horse series (charcoal) 
- "Indian Expressionist Painter Sunil Das Dies at 76". 21 August 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Female vision". Indian Express. 6 March 2000. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Padma Awards Announced". Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Postmodern artist Sunil Das passes away at 76 : FYI, News - India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Sunil Das: Contemporary Indian Artist". Artofbengal.com. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Personality : Of horses, bulls and life itself". The Hindu. 14 January 2006. Archived from the original on 7 August 2007. Retrieved 7 February 2014.