August 4, 1939|
|Died||August 10, 2015(aged 76)|
|Education||Government College of Art & Craft, Kolkata
École des Beaux-Arts, Paris
Early life and background
Das joined Government of India's Handloom division, Ministry of Textiles.
He was inspired by the force and the strength of the moving horse. His works revolve around Man-Woman relationships, Woman in her sexual empowerment and In her loneliness. He had around 88 solo exhibitions across the world including having his work included in the Paris Biennale.
He was the founder member of Society of Contemporary Artists.
- Bull Series
- A woman in her failings (oil on canvas)
- Horses in motion (charcoal) 
- [dead link]
- "Female vision". Indian Express. 2000-03-06. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Padma Awards Announced". Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "Postmodern artist Sunil Das passes away at 76 : FYI, News - India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2015-08-10.
- "Sunil Das: Contemporary Indian Artist". Artofbengal.com. Retrieved 2014-02-07.
- "Personality : Of horses, bulls and life itself". The Hindu. 2006-01-14. Retrieved 2014-02-07.