Sunil Kothari in 2015
|Occupation||Classical dance critic|
|Years active||1956 - present|
|Known for||Indian classical dance|
He completed M. A. in 1964 and PhD in 1977. Professionally, Sunil Kothari is a chartered accountant. He started his career with The Times of India. He freelances now as a writer. Currently he lives in Asian Games Village in Delhi.
He received Padma Shri award in 2001. He also received Sangeet Natak Akademi award in 1995 for overall contribution to the Indian classical dance. He was awarded Kumar Chandrak in 1961 and Ranjitram Suvarna Chandrak in 2012.
He has written 12 books on different forms of Indian Classical Dance and allied Art-forms.
- Bharata Natyam: Indian Classical Dance Art
- Odissi: Indian Classical Dance Art
- Rasa: The Indian Performing Arts in the Last 25 Years
- Kuchipudi: Indian Classical Dance Art
- Photo Biography of Rukmini Devi
- Kathak: Indian Classical Dance Art
- New Directions In Indian Dance
- Chhau Dances of India
- Damaru: Essays on Classical Dance, Music, Performing Arts, Folk Dances, Rituals, Crafts,
- "સુનિલ કોઠારીને રણજિતરામ સુવર્ણચંદ્રક એનાયત કરાશે (Ranjitram Suvarna Chandrak will be awarded to Sunil Kothari)" (in Gujarati). Divya Bhaskar. 30 August 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "રણજિતરામ ચંદ્રક મારા માટે નોબેલ છે (Ranjitram Chandrak is the Nobel for me)" (in Gujarati). Divya Bhaskar. 2 September 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved July 21, 2015.
|This article about someone associated with the art of dance is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|