This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||10 May 1978|
|Origin||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Occupation(s)||singer, anchor, dubbing artist|
Sunitha's career began in the year 1995 with the movie Gulabi. She works as a singer and an Anchor to various channels who conduct musical programmes. She also works as a dubbing artist and has dubbed for about 750 films. She won two Filmfare Awards and nine Andhra Pradesh state Nandi Awards
Sunita was born on May 10, 1978 in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh into a Telugu Brahmin family. Her parents Upadrasta Narasimha Rao and Sumathi are well known to music lovers at Vijayawada and Guntur.
Sunitha has started her Cultural pursuit at a very early age of thirteen years and got training in Music from Pemaraju Surya Rao in Karnatic Vocal and Light music from Kalaga Krishna Mohan for eight years. She received awards and appreciations in various competitions for her performances. Sunitha, at the age of 20, participated in Tyagaraja Aradhana Utsavalu along with her guru Sri Pemmaraju Surya Rao.
She has begun her singing career as a playback singer in films at an age of 17. Sri Sasi Preetham, a music director first gave her a chance to sing in her debut film Gulabi and her debut song is "Ee Vela Lo Neevu" written by Sirivennela Sitaramasastri.
She has worked under the supervision of music directors like Ilayaraja, Vidya sagar, M.M. Keeravani, A.R Rahman, S.V. Krishna Reddy, Koti, Raj, Vandematharam Srinivas, Mani Sharma, Ramana Gogula, S.A. Raj Kumar, Sandeep Choutha, Micky-J-Mayer, Devisri Prasad, R.P. Patnaik, Chakri, Nihal, Kalyani Malik, Anup, Sunil Kashyap, Saluri Vasu Rao, Madhavapeddi Suresh, Saketha Sairam, Bunty, V. Hari Krishna,Jessigift, S.S. Thaman etc. She rendered nearly 3000 songs in many south Indian films. She has sung in Telugu and Tamil apart from Kannada , Malayalam Also.
Upadrashta has given stage shows abroad as a Singer. She was invited to Telugu Association of North America –TANA in 1999, 2001. She was also invited for European Telugu Association (ETA) and American Telugu Association (ATA) and most recently in 2018 by the Tennessee Telugu Samithi (TTS) for their Ugadi annual celebrations in Nashville, TN.
Sunitha has given voice over for various artists like Jyothika, Anushka, Bhoomika, Charmi, Laila, Meera Jasmine, Soundarya, Sonali Bendre, Richa Gangopadhyay, Raasi, Shriya, Genelia, Sneha, Sada, Katrina Kaif, lleana, Tamannaah, Trisha, Kamilini Mukherji, Nayantara etc.
Upadrashta anchored many music based programmes and live shows on Gemini TV, MAA TV, ETV. She has hosted Navaragam on Gemini and Jhummandi Nadam on ETV,and ETV Sapta Swaralu, Paaduta Teeyaga. She has been a part of Maa TV's Super Singer show from its 4th series as a judge and mentor.Currently she is hosting SaReGaMaPa Lil Champs in zee Telugu.Her favorite lil singer is Ashrita.
She is participating all kind of devotional programs. Recently participating tirumala tirupati brama uthsaval songs.
She got married at the age of 19, her husband Kiran works for the media and they are divorced now.The couple have two children, boy and a girl - Aakash-20 years old and Shreya is 17 years old.
- National Award from All India Radio under light music category in 1994 at the age of 16 years.
- Nandi Award for Best Female Playback Singer for TV film Antha Rangaalu (1999)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Dubbing Artist for the movie Jayam (2002)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the Movie Athade Oka Sainyam (2003)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Dubbing Artist for the movie Anand (voice of the Kamalinee Mukherjee) (2004)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Dubbing Artist for the movie Pothe Poni (2005)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the movie Godavari (2006)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Playback Singer for TV film Anthahpuram (2010)
- Nandi Award for a TV film called Mamathala Kovela (2011)
- Nandi Award for Best Female Dubbing Artist for the movie Sri Rama Rajyam (voice of the Nayantara) (2012)
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer - Kannada (2010) for the movie Cheluveye Ninne Nodalu for the song "O Priyathama"
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer - Telugu (2014) for the movie Oohalu Gusagusalade for the song "Em Sandehamledu"
- Nominated : Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Telugu (2009) for the movie Pravarakhyudu for the song "Neela Neela Mabbulu"
- Nominated : Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Telugu (2010) for the movie Vedam for the song "Egiripothe"
- Nominated : Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Telugu (2011) for the movie Leader for the song "Hey CM"
- Nominated : Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer – Kannada (2010) for the movie Modalasala for the song "Prathama"
- Vamsi Berkeley Award as Best female playback singer in year 1999.
- Vaartha Vasavi Award as a best playback singer (2000)
- Bharata Muni Award (2000)
- Cine Goers Award for Best Dubbing (2002)
- Dasari Award as a best playback singer (2003)
- Best Playback Singer award from European Telugu Association, London (2003)
- Kalavedika Art Award as an All-rounder for excellent performance as a Singer, Anchor and Movie dubbing artist (2003)
- Sangam P Susheela Youth Award honoured with Gold Medal (2004)
- Sangam P Susheelawa Youth Award for year 2004 honoured with Gold Medal.
- Vamsi Berkeley Award as Best female playback singer in year 2005
- Kala Sudha Award in 2006 (Ugadi Puraskar)
- 'Best female play back singer of tollywood 2010' award for the song "Hrudaya Vedana" from the film "Aa Intlo" music scored by sri Koti. This award was given by "Radio Mirchi" in a grand function held at Chennai on Saturday 17 July 2010.
- TV Award 2009 for Best Female Playback Singer presented by Delhi Telugu Academy in Hyderabad on 8 August 2010.
- Big FM Best Singer Award for 'Egiripothe' song from Vedam Movie in 2010.
- Big FM Kannada Award for Big Most Entertaining Singer.
- TSR – TV9 Award for Best playback singer – female (2010) was presented on 10 April 2011 in Hyderabad.
- Ghantasala Melody Queen Award in 2011
- Lata Mangeshkar Best Singer Award for 2011 was presented by the State Government at 2nd Lata Mangeshkar Music Awards – 2011 function on 28 September 2011 at Ravindra Bharathi, Hyderabad.
- Maa Tea Award for Mamathala Kovela in 2012
- T. Subbaram Reddy Lalitha Sangeeta Puraskar in 2013
- Sangeet Samman 2013 (Kannada film)
- She gave her first programme in Light Music on AIR in the year 1995 at the age of 17.
- She has given about 500 programmes so far on AIR, Doordarshan, ETV, Gemini TV, and MAA TV
- She has also given programmes abroad, at Kuwait, Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore, London, US, Philippines, Kenya, Japan etc.
- In the year 2009, she has done her own shows titled 'Musical Moments With Sunitha' in the USA
- She has dubbed almost 750 films.
- She got many awards for her dubbing. Recently She led the team that won the title of Super Singers 7.
- She has performed at the Tirumala Brahmotsavalu.
- During the time of 50 years of Independence, she has sung Vande Mataram along with S.P.Balasubrahmanyam at the Congress Plenary Meet. She has hosted 50 years celebrations in the Assembly.
- She participated in earth cracking ceremony for Amaravathi, new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- She has participated in the Govt. celebrations 200 years of Secunderabad
- Recently she participated in eTV 20Years award function and celebration at various cities. Performance videos are available at YouTube
- "Telugu Cinema Etc – Nandi award winners list 2005". Idlebrain.com. 11 November 2006. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Delhi Telugu Academy awards presented". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 9 August 2010.
- "New members take oath in Rajya Sabha | Rehman Khan | Chiranjeevi". Andhrawishesh.com. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.