Sunny Delight Beverages
The company has one main headquarter located in Blue Ash, Ohio (Cincinnati mailing address) with a head count of 615 employees. Sunny Delight Beverages Co. 10300 Alliance Road, #500 Cincinnati, Ohio 45242
There are 5 different manufacturing plants located in America:
·New Jersey: 10 Corn Road Dayton, New Jersey 08810-1527
·Texas: 4000 Howe Drive Sherman, Texas 75091
·Georgia: 7000 LaGrange Boulevard Atlanta, Georgia 30336
·California: 1230 North Tustin Avenue Anaheim, California 92807
·Massachusetts: 20 Harvard Road Littleton, Massachusetts 01460
Sustainability Efforts and Achievements
Sunny Delight has set goals in three sustainability areas: environmental, economic and social. A quote from their CEO states: "We pursue sustainability because it so strongly fits with the personal values of those who manage SDBC every day. We want our company to be a positive force in our communities and to become a well-respected citizen. We want our families to be proud of the work we do every day".
Environmental Efforts in 2013
- Sunny Delight Beverages Company (SDBC) reduced packaging materials by 37 million pounds since 2005. Their corrugated reduction alone represented 26 million pounds.
- 94.5% of transportation miles were on SmartWay-certified carriers
- Continued use of a compressed natural gas (CNG) delivery fleet in the Los Angeles area created annualized savings of 320,000 gallons of diesel fuel.
- Realized a 23% reduction in carbon inventory versus previous year (in 2013)
- Saw 13% reduction in per-unit non-product related water usage.
- Reused, re-circulated or recycled 3.1 billion gallons of water in 2013.
- Accomplished a 4.4% reduction in per-unit energy usage
SDBC seeks to increase profits through stewardship of resources and improvements in the taste, healthiness, and packaging of their products.
- Recycling efforts are a revenue stream
- Introduced three new products that they believe will help increase revenue and volume as consumers become aware of and purchase them: SunnyD pouches geared toward the lunchbox occasion; SunnyD Chillers to satisfy consumers during thirstquenching occasions; and Sparkling Fruit2O to provide consumers with the excitement of carbonation married with natural fruit flavors and a trusted brand name.
- Significantly increased the use of aseptic packaging capability — a process generating great tasting, preservative free products.
As of 2013, SDBC accomplished the following in employee health improvements:
- Motivated healthy behavior changes by rewarding employees up to $300/year for maintaining/improving specific biometric measures.
- Developed innovative competitions using employees’ Nike+Fuelbands to encourage exercise.
They also made significant contributions to local communities in the following ways:
- Contributed $744,000 in monetary and product donations to more than 100 national and local organizations.
- Donated another 234,000 books to classrooms through SunnyD Book Spree, for a total donation of more than $6 million worth of books since the program began in 2009.
- Provided 85,000 meals to school children who rely on the school system for weekend meals through SunnyD’s Blessings in a Backpack promotion, which was a Partnership with the Blessings organization.
Sunny Delight Executive Team
- John Childs-Chairman of the Board
- William B. Cyr-President and CEO
- William Schumaker-Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Burton-Vice President
- John R. Crosetti-Senior Vice President of US Sales
- Ellen Iobst-Senior Vice President and Supply Chain Design and Chief Sustainability Officer
- Rick Zimmerman-Senior Vice President Business Development and Innovation
Sunny Delight Leadership Team
- Daniel W. Coester-Vice President of the Wal-Mart Team
- Joe Shankland-Vice President of DSD and Co-Packing
- Daniel Sileo-Vice President of Manufacturing
- Timothy Voelkerding-Vice President and Treasurer
- Sue Williams-Vice President of Engineering
- Athena Wong-Vice President of Human Resources
- Eddie Young- Vice President of Sales Planning
- SunnyD Baja (shelf-stable)
- SunnyD Burst
- SunnyD Intense Sports
- SunnyD Orange Blends
- Fruit Simple
- 1963 Sunny Delight founded in Florida by 2 dads, Howard Dick and Phil Grinnell.
- 1966 Purchased by Coca-Cola Bottling operation.
- 1970 First production of Sunny Delight Florida Citrus Punch in Mt. Dora, FL.
- 1982 Bottler sold Doric Foods to parent company, Coca-Cola.
- 1983 Coca-Cola sold Doric Foods to a joint venture between Charterhouse Group International and American Fruit Co., creating Sundor Brands Inc.
- 1989 Procter & Gamble acquired Sundor Brands Inc. and the growing Sunny Delight brand.
- 1997 SunnyD expanded into Canada.
- 1998 SunnyD expanded into Europe.
- 2004 Sunny Delight Beverages Co. established when J. W. Childs, a Boston-based private equity firm, acquired Sunny Delight brands from Procter & Gamble.*
- 2007 Elations U.S. national launch.
- 2007 Veryfine and Fruit2O acquired from Kraft.
- 2009 Bossa Nova acquired from founder.
- 2011 Sunny Delight Europe sold to Orangina Schweppes.
- 2016 Sunny Delight Beverages Co. sold by J. W. Childs to Brynwood Partners.
- "Firm acquires Sunny Delight". Cincinnati.com. Retrieved 2016-05-14.