Sunny Hills High School
|Sunny Hills High School|
1801 Lancer Way
|Teaching staff||77.38 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||29.00|
|Color(s)||Black and Gold|
|Rival||Troy High School|
The campus, consisting mostly of single-story open plan buildings, is situated on 42 acres (170,000 m2) in western Fullerton. SHHS has been an International Baccalaureate World School since 1987, and hosts the largest IB program in California. It has been recognized three times as a California Distinguished School, in 1988, 1994, and 2009, and recognized as one of the top high schools in the United States in the March 30, 1998, March 13, 2000, and June 2003 issues of Newsweek magazine. Sunny Hills High School was also presented the National Blue Ribbon School Award in 2012. At 284 in the magazine's latest (2007) rankings of public high schools, Sunny Hills remains in the top 0.1 percent of schools in the country.  The school contains the Sunny Hills Performing Arts Center, a notable venue in Orange County for classical performances.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Paul Abbott, former MLB player
- Kathryn Bigelow, Academy Award-winning film director (Zero Dark Thirty, The Hurt Locker, Point Break, Near Dark)
- Shane Black, screenwriter and director
- Jackson Browne, folk singer and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer
- Gary Carter, MLB player and Baseball Hall of Famer and World Champion with the New York Mets
- Leanna, Monica, & Joy Creel, identical triplet actresses, Parent Trap III
- Eric Mun, actor, singer and rapper of Korean band Shinhwa
- Austin St. John, the Red Ranger in 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' and Gold Ranger in 'Power Rangers: Zeo'
- Jim Karsatos, Ohio State Quarterback, Cotton Bowl Champion
- Brian Kelley, former NFL 11-year veteran inside linebacker for the New York Giants.
- Justin Lee, actor on Arrested Development and Shredderman Rules
- Larry MacDuff, NFL defensive coordinator and special teams coordinator for various NFL teams.
- Camille Mana, Film actress
- Mike Fleiss, Executive Producer of The Bachelor, Poseidon and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Massy Tadjedin, screenwriter of The Jacket
- David S. Ward, screenwriter and director (The Sting, King Ralph, Major League, Sleepless in Seattle)
- Robert Weide, Emmy, Golden Globe-winning and Oscar-nominated filmmaker
- Brad Williams, Comedian and actor, regularly appears on 'Mind of Mencia'
- Martha Nix Wade, Actress, "Days of Our Lives" and "The Waltons"
- Steve Yoo, Korean singer (Yoo Seung Joon)
- Sunny Hills High
- Whitehead, Brian. "The Sunny Hills-Troy rivalry grows on a nearby campus". OC Register. Retrieved 13 January 2020.
- Dodero, Tony, "In Fullerton hills, life slows to a trot," Los Angeles Times August 29, 2004.
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, Sunny Hills High School Profile
- Newsweek, Americas Top Public High Schools 2007[dead link]
- Ponsi, Lou (October 6, 2012). "Fullerton to name field after Gary Carter". The Orange County Register. p. Local 5. Retrieved October 6, 2012.
- Sunny Hills High School - official website