Leone at the launch of her perfume brand in 2016
|Born||Karenjit Kaur Vohra
May 13, 1981 
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Actress, former pornographic actress|
|Height||5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
|Weight||110 lb (50 kg; 7.9 st)|
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Weber (2011–present)|
|No. of adult films||56 as actress,
59 as director
Karenjit Kaur Vohra (born May 13, 1981), known by her stage name 'Sunny Leone' (pronounced //), is an actress and model, currently active in Indian film industry. She is a former pornstar, She has an American citizenship. She has also used the stage name Karen Malhotra. She was named Penthouse Pet of the Year in 2003, was a contract performer for Vivid Entertainment, and was named by Maxim as one of the 12 top porn stars in 2010.
She has played roles in independent mainstream events, films and television shows. Her first mainstream appearance was in 2005, when she worked as a red carpet reporter for the MTV Video Music Awards on MTV India. In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality television series Big Boss. She hosts the Indian reality show Splitsvilla.
In 2012 she made her Bollywood debut in Pooja Bhatt's erotic thriller Jism 2 (2012) and shifted her focus to mainstream acting which was followed up with Jackpot (2013), Ragini MMS 2 (2014) and Ek Paheli Leela (2015).
Apart from her acting career she has been part of activism campaigns including the Rock 'n' Roll Los Angeles Half-Marathon to raise money for the American Cancer Society and has also posed for a People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) ad campaign with a rescued dog, encouraging pet owners to have their cats and dogs spayed and neutered.
Since 2011, Leone has been married to Musician Daniel Weber.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Mainstream appearances
- 4 Writer
- 5 Personal life
- 6 Filmography
- 7 Television
- 8 Awards
- 9 Bibliography
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Sunny Leone was born in Sarnia, Ontario to Sikh Punjabi parents. Her father was born in Tibet and raised in Delhi, while her mother (who died in 2008) was from Sirmaur, Himachal Pradesh. As a young girl, she was a self-described tomboy, very athletic and played street hockey with the boys.
Although the family was Sikh, her parents enrolled her in Catholic school as it was felt to be unsafe for her to go to public school. She discovered her bisexuality at age 18. When she was 13, her family moved to Fort Gratiot, Michigan, then to Lake Forest, California a year later, fulfilling her grandparents' dream that the family be together in one place.
When picking a name for her adult career, she has said that Sunny is her real name and Leone was picked by Bob Guccione, former owner of Penthouse magazine. She posed for Penthouse magazine, and was named Penthouse Pet of the Month for the March 2001 issue, followed by a feature in the Holiday 2001 edition of Hustler magazine as a Hustler Honey. She has also appeared in other magazines including Cheri, Mystique Magazine, High Society, Swank, AVN Online, Leg World, Club International and Lowrider, while her online credits include ModFX Models, Suze Randall, Ken Marcus and Mac & Bumble.
In 2003, she was named "Penthouse Pet of the Year" and starred in the video Penthouse Pets in Paradise alongside Tera Patrick and Kyla Cole. In 2005 Adam & Eve appointed her as their West Coast Internet Sales Representative.
That same year, Leone signed a three-year contract with Vivid Entertainment with which she transitioned into the world of hardcore pornography, stating that she would only do lesbian scenes. Her first movie released was titled Sunny and was released in December 2005. Her next movie, Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone, was the first interactive title for Leone, who was the first Vivid Girl to make such a movie. Taking only four days to film, the movie won her her first AVN Award (Best Interactive DVD). She followed this with Sunny Loves Cher, which featured her first on-screen squirting, and The Female Gardner co-starring Mikayla Mendez and Daisy Marie.
Leone's last two movies under her contract with Vivid were It's Sunny in Brazil, which was filmed in Brazil, and The Sunny Experiment also starring Monique Alexander and Brea Lynn. The movies were released in October and December 2007 respectively.
In May 2007, upon re-signing her contract with Vivid for another six films, Leone agreed to perform for the first time with men on camera, but exclusively with her fiancé, Matt Erikson. That summer she also received breast augmentation, and shot her first movie under the new contract titled Sunny Loves Matt. The movie led to her being nominated for three (out of six) AVN awards in 2009 in addition to being a choice for Female Performer of the Year. She followed up her first boy-girl title with The Other Side of Sunny in October 2008, which would be the last time she would perform with Erikson.
In January 2008, Leone revealed that she was no longer exclusive to Erikson, and had done scenes with other actors, most notably Tommy Gunn, Charles Dera, James Deen and Voodoo. In 2009, Vivid released her only movie performing with other male actors titled "Sunny B/G Adventure". Her final release under contract with Vivid – "Undress Me", once again made her exclusive to performing with just one male actor, Daniel Webber.
In August 2009, she announced the launch of her own studio, Sunlust Pictures, with Daniel Weber as her partner. With her new venture Leone announced her plans to write, direct and create her own brand of adult movies with Vivid Entertainment as her distributor. Her first independent production, The Dark Side of the Sun, was released in March 2009, and was debuted at the Erotic Heritage Museum in Las Vegas. In June 2009, she held a casting call in Las Vegas for her second independent production titled Sunny Slumber Party (released September 2009).She followed up with three other self-produced features Gia Portrait of a Porn Star (2010) which was nominated for multiple AVN awards, Roleplay (2011) and Goddess (2012) which featured her first anal sex scene.
No longer exclusive to Vivid, Leone began working with other studios and performers since 2009. She has managed to leverage her online popularity by striking deals with firms like PPPcard, AdultPokerParty.com, Brickhouse, Flirt4Free, Totemcash and Imlive to sell and distribute her content over the internet and other media. She won the "Web Babe of the Year" at the 2008 Xbiz Awards. Her websites and business interests are run under her banner company Leone L.L.C. She indicated in an April 2012 interview that 80 per cent of the traffic on her website, and 60 per cent of her revenue comes from India.
In addition to her film career, Leone has been part of the Vivid Comedy Tour, and has modelled for the Vivid Footwear collection. Leone has also participated in events like the Vivid/ClubJenna Lingerie Bowl and Vivid's Hot Rod Night. Doc Johnson launched a pocket pal in 2006 moulded to her vagina, and in 2008 released the Sunny Leone Exciter vibrator. Control MFG currently uses Leone's image along with other Vivid girls to market their line of skateboards. She is paired with Gab Ekoe, one of the Team Control riders. She also indicated that she plans to launch her own line of lingerie and other Sunny-branded products including a diamond jewellery line.
In September 2009, an iPhone application consisting of a collection of non-nude photos, some videos and a porn star-penned blog was approved by Apple for sale in the iTunes store, making it the first officially sanctioned application featuring a porn star. By February 2010, the app had been removed by Apple from the store.
Leone was voted number 13 (up from number 41 in 2007) on Genesis magazine's "Top 100 Porn stars" list, number 34 on Desiclubs.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004, and one of the "40 under 40" ranking on AVN Online magazine. In 2010, she was named by Maxim as one of the 12 top female stars in porn. She was voted number 82 in the Top 99 Women for 2012 in AskMen.com's list.
In 2013, she announced her retirement from the adult industry stating "I am lucky that the audience is accepting me. I have come my way from there (porn industry). I don't have any plans as of now to go back there."
A police first information report was filed against her in May 2015 after a woman at Mumbai, India, complained that Leone's website, sunnyleone.com, was destroying the Indian culture. Thane police's cyber cell at Ramnagar booked her for sections 292, 292A, 294 which could land her into jail, fine or both. Senior police inspector JK Sawant stated, "We cannot block the website, but will ask the operator to remove objectionable content."
Leone's first mainstream appearance was in 2005, when she was a red carpet reporter for the MTV Awards on MTV India. She has also had a cameo in the film The Girl Next Door, performed in Ja Rule's video Livin' It Up and a video for Kidd Skilly. Other credits include E!'s "Wild On!" and the Sundance Film Festival's 'After Dark'. Leone was a contestant in the second season of the Fox reality show My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business, in which a group of adult actresses were given classes and training on how to pitch investment ideas and competed for success in the business world. In addition to filming her scene for Debbie Does Dallas in 2007, Leone was also part of a Showtime documentary of the same name detailing the production of the movie and the personal lives of its stars.
She indicated that for the right price she would seriously consider a career in Bollywood. She was courted by Indian directors in the past but felt uncomfortable with the roles that she would have played. Director Mohit Suri reportedly asked Leone to play the lead role in his film Kalyug, but instead cast Deepal Shaw as he could not afford Leone's $1 million acting fee. She has mentioned that Aamir Khan is her favorite Bollywood actor, and that over 60% of her fans are from South Asia.
In 2008, Leone announced that she would be starring in a mainstream action adventure movie titled Pirates Blood, which was shot in Oman. The shooting was completed in two weeks and was to be released in winter 2008. Leone also landed a role in Middle Men, producer Chris Mallick's indie feature about the birth of the online porn industry set for wide theatrical release in 2009. She appeared in the 2010 film The Virginity Hit playing a version of herself, where she is hired to take the virginity of the lead character.
Leone has made appearances at events such as the 2002 SEMA International Auto Salon, the 2002 Extreme Autofest Pomona and the 2006 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. Sunny has also been the hostess at events in clubs like the Mansion in Miami and the Highlands in Hollywood.
In 2005, she was mentioned in Forbes magazine for a story on Vivid Entertainment. Leone has also been featured in mainstream publications like FHM, Front and Jane magazine. In 2007, along with the other Vivid Girls, she was seen in a 48' high holiday Billboard in Times Square at W. 48th Street and Seventh Avenue. Leone is also one of the Penthouse Pets who appears in the PlayStation Portable game Pocket Pool. She was also featured in a coffee table book titled Naked Ambition: An R Rated Look at an X Rated Industry by Michael Grecco.
In 2004, she was part of No More Bush Girls, in which she and several other popular adult actresses shaved off their pubic hair in protest of the George W. Bush presidency. In May 2008, she shot a promotional video for Declare Yourself, a nonprofit, nonpartisan voter registration campaign targeting 18- to 29-year-olds. She indicated that Barack Obama would be her choice in the 2008 U.S. presidential election, primarily because she felt he was more business friendly to the adult industry than his opponent John McCain. She also released a public service announcement on behalf of the ASACP, reminding adult webmasters to protect their sites from children by having an RTA label on it.
Leone has a strong interest in health and fitness, and has been featured in several mainstream fitness publications. Leone has modelled fitness clothing for the sports brand Fantasy Fitness and shared that she keeps her body in shape by working out as much as she can despite her busy schedule and as quoted in Men's Fitness magazine, "I try to eat very healthy – lots of vegetables, drinking my milk every day."
In 2013, Leone posed for a PETA ad campaign, encouraging dog and cat owners to have their pets spayed and neutered. In an interview for PETA India, Leone said, "I believe that every single dog should be spayed and neutered. You don't want to continue the cycle of homeless dogs or cats. And spaying and neutering also keeps them healthy." PETA named her their "Person of the Year" in 2016.
In 2011, she participated in the Indian reality series Bigg Boss, entering the house on day 49. However she refused to divulge her porn star status, and replied to fellow house-mate Pooja Bedi that she was a model and a TV star in America for the last ten years or so. It was reported that she caused a stir in the larger populace with her Twitter feed gaining 8,000 new followers in just 2 days and Google saying searches for her experienced a "breakout". There were also complaints lodged with the Indian Ministry of Information and Broadcasting alleging that the Colors TV channel was promoting pornography by having Leone appear on the show; among those who filed are the Indian Artistes and Actors Forum and Anurag Thakur, member of Lok Sabha and head of the Bharatiya Janata Party's youth wing.
During her stay in the Bigg Boss house, Sunny was approached by Bollywood film-maker Mahesh Bhatt who entered the house briefly to offer her the lead role in Jism 2 (the sequel to the 2003 film Jism). She accepted it, which resulted in Pooja Bhatt's production house, Fish Eye Network and Leone's agent discussing the movie further. Leone's entered Bollywood in 2012 with the film Jism 2 to weak critical reception but was commercially successful. Sunny Leone signed her second Bollywood film, "Ragini MMS 2". Ragini MMS, sequel to Ekta Kapoor's crossover horror movie Ragini MMS. Sunny Leone featured in an item number in the Sanjay Gupta and Ekta Kapoor's 2013 film Shootout at Wadala. She further started filming for Kaizad Gustad's Jackpot in which she plays a femme fatale. Jackpot released on 13 December 2013 and was panned by critics.
Her first release of 2014 was the much anticipated horror film Ragini MMS 2, which proved to be a box-office hit. Leone's performance received all round praise with critic Mohar Basu calling her work a "revelation". Critic Taran Adarsh also noted that Leone," carries off her character with supreme confidence" In November 2013, she had confirmed that she would make her Tamil film debut in Vadacurry which released in May 2014 and featured her in a special appearance. She next appeared in the item number Pink Lips for the film Hate Story 2, . After giving a hit number Pink Lips, she appeared once again in Shake That Booty opposite Mika Singh from his film Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya. She made her acting debut in the Telugu film industry by appearing in a cameo in Current Theega opposite Manchu Manoj and Rakul Preet Singh where she played a school teacher.
Leone then appeared in item song Sesamma Bagilu Tegiyamma in Kannada film DK, which marked her debut in Kannada film industry. In April 2015, Leone appeared in Bobby Khan's musical thriller Ek Paheli Leela, where she portrayed dual roles as Leela, a village belle and Meera, a supermodel from Milan. The film was released on April 10, 2015. The film met with mixed to negative reviews with collections of ₹27.47 crore (US$4.3 million). After a little gap, post the release of Ek Paheli Leela , she appeared in Devang Dholakia's Kuch Kuch Locha Hai was released on May 8, 2015. She essayed the role of a film star opposite Ram Kapoor, Evelyn Sharma and Navdeep Chabbra. The film emerged to be a critical and commercial failure. She did her second Kannada song "Kamakshi" from the film Luv U Alia. Last in 2015, she appeared in a cameo in Akshay Kumar's Singh is Bling. In January 2016, she appeared in Milap Zaveri's adult comedy Mastizaade, released on January 29, 2016 where she portrayed twin sisters, Laila Lele and Lily Lele along with Tusshar Kapoor and Vir Das. The film released to mixed reviews and was an average earner. One critic said "Leone may not be better than this film, but she’s the best thing in it.” Her next film was Jasmine D'souza's One Night Stand with Tanuj Virwani released on May 6, 2016. The film was released to mixed reviews but was a flop commercially. Her last release of 2016 was Rajeev Chaudary's Beiimaan Love opposite Rajneesh Duggal that released on October 14, 2016. Her performance was widely praised but the film met with negative reviews and flopped. She also appeared in song "Tu Zaroorat Nahi Tu Zaroori Hai" with Sharman Joshi in Fuddu and item song "Choli Blockbuster" for the film Dongri Ka Raja. In December 2016, her song "Laila Main Laila" from Raees with Shah Rukh Khan was released.
As of October 2016, Leone will appear in an extended cameo for Sonakshi Sinha's Noor where she is portraying the role of an actress that will release on April 21, 2017. She has also shot for a special song with Emraan Hashmi in Milan Luthria's Baadshaho. She is currently filming along Arbaaz Khan for Rajeev Walia's romantic-drama Tera Intizaar. She will also shoot a special song for Rajasekhar's upcoming Telugu film PSV Garuda Vega
In April 2016 Leone published an e-book of love stories entitled Sweet Dreams. The work was well received by the Hindustan Times, which commented, "Sunny’s stories are relentlessly optimistic. The characters are not complicated or unpleasant and exist in a world that veers on the border of Valentine’s Land with its floating pink hearts and soft focus lighting."
In June 2006, Leone became an American citizen, but stated she planned to remain a dual citizen of Canada. On 14 April 2012, Leone announced that she was now a resident of India explaining in an interview to The New Indian Express that she was an Overseas Citizen of India and that she was eligible for overseas citizenship because her parents lived in India. She applied for it prior to filming Jism 2.
Although bisexual, she has stated that she prefers men. Leone was engaged to Matt Erikson, a vice-president of marketing at Playboy Enterprises but they broke up in 2008. Sunny Leone had dated stand-up comedian Russell Peters for a brief period in 2008. She mentioned in an interview at the start of 2011 that she was married to Daniel Weber. During her stay in the Bigg Boss house later that same year, Leone indicated that she had married; Leone said she 'purposely arrived late' to their first date as she was not impressed with him, but he changed her mind by sending 24 roses to her hotel room.
A 2008 Eye Weekly article reported that "Leone does her best to maintain a link to Sikh traditions, even if more in theory than in practice. But she's unlikely to disavow her career path due to religion" and that Leone said "Girls will leave the industry claiming that they found God. Well, the fact is, God has always been with them the entire time." In a 2010 interview, she said
It's a community-based religion. You walk into a temple and you're greeted with the utmost respect... But, just like any religion it doesn't want you to shoot adult material. I mean, I grew up going to temple every Sunday. When my parents found out they knew my personality which was very independent. Even if they tried to stop me or tried to steer me the right way they would have lost their daughter. I'm too headstrong. And it wasn't a plan. It just happened and my career and everything just kept getting bigger and bigger.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2012||Jism 2||Izna||Hindi||Bollywood debut|
|2013||Shootout at Wadala||Laila||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Laila"|
|2014||Ragini MMS 2||Sunny Leone||Hindi|
Special appearance in the song "Low Aana Lifeu"
|2014||"Saree Wali Girl"||–||Hindi||Music video with Girik Aman|
|2014||Hate Story 2||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Pink Lips"|
|2014||Balwinder Singh Famous Ho Gaya||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Shake That Booty"|
|2014||Current Theega||Sunny||Telugu||Telugu debut,
Special appearance in the song "Sesamma"
|2015||Ek Paheli Leela||Leela/Meera||Hindi|
|2015||Kuch Kuch Locha Hai||Shanaya||Hindi|
|2015||"Super Girl From China"||–||Hindi||Music video with Kanika Kapoor|
|2015||Luv U Alia||Herself||Kannada||Special appearance in the song "Kamakshi"|
|2015||Singh Is Bliing||Airline passenger||Hindi||Cameo appearance|
|2016||Mastizaade||Laila Lele/Lily Lele||Hindi|
|2016||One Night Stand||Celina/Ambar Kapoor||Hindi|
|2016||Beiimaan Love||Sunaina Verma||Hindi|
|2016||Fuddu||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Tu Zaroorat Nahi Tu Zaroori Hai"|
|2016||Dongari ka Raja||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Choli Blockbuster"|
|2017||Raees||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in the song "Laila Main Laila"|
|2017||Baadshaho||Herself||Hindi||Special appearance in a song|
|TBA||PSV Garuda Vega||Herself||Telugu||Special appearance in a song|
|2004||The Girl Next Door||Herself||English||Hollywood debut,
|2010||The Virginity Hit||Sunny||English|
|2002||Penthouse Video: Virtual Harem||Sunny|
|2003||Deadly Stingers||Hot Tub Hussey|
|2004||Mystique Presents H20hh|
|Busty Cops||Taluca Lake|
|Lingerie: The Secret Art of Seduction||Sunny|
|Alabama Jones and the Busty Crusade||Queen of the Jungle|
|2006||Busty Cops 2||Taluca Lake|
|Virtual Vivid Girl Sunny Leone||Sunny Leone|
|Sunny & Cher||Sunny|
|The Female Gardener|
|2007||Debbie Does Dallas ... Again||Corky|
|Sunny Loves Matt||Sunny|
|It's Sunny in Brazil|
|The Sunny Experiment|
|2008||The Other Side of Sunny|
|Dark Side of the Sun|
|Descent Into Bondage|
|Costumed Damsels in Distress||Gypsy girl|
|The House of Naked Captives|
|Naughty America 4 Her 6|
|Sunny's Slumber Party||Sunny|
|Sunny's Big Adventure|
|Shut Up and Fuck Me|
|Sunny's Casting Couch: I Wanna Be a Pornstar|
|All Sunny All the Time|
|Sunny Leone Loves HD Porn|
|Sunny Leone Loves HD Porn 2|
|Hocus Pocus XXX||Townsfolk|
|Gia: Portrait of a Porn Star||Gia|
|Not Charlie's Angels XXX||Kelly|
|Sunny & the Suitcase||Sunny|
|Lies: Diary of an Escort|
|Bang Van Blowout with Nick Swardson|
|2012||Sunny Leone: Goddess|
|Sunny Leone: Erotica|
|2013||Charlie's Girl: Georgia Jones|
|2005||MTV Awards||Reporter||MTV India|
|2007||Debbie Does Dallas||Herself||Showtime|
|2008||My Bare Lady 2: Open for Business||Contestant||Fox Reality Channel|
|2008||Co-Ed Confidential||Stripper||Cinemax After Dark|
|2011||Bigg Boss 5||Contestant||Colors|
|2014||Haunted Weekends with Sunny Leone||Host||MTV India|
|2014||Splitsvilla: Season 7||Host||MTV India|
|2015||Splitsvilla: Season 8||Host||MTV India|
|2016||Bigg Boss 9||Guest Appearance||Colors|
Other media appearances
|2001||Livin' It Up||Dancer||Videoclip||song by Ja Rule|
|2007||Pocket Pool||Penthouse Pet||PlayStation Portable game|
|2014||Comedy Nights with Kapil||Guest Appearance||Television Show||Promotion of movie Ragini MMS 2 and Ek Paheli Leela|
|2016||The Kapil Sharma Show||Guest Appearance||Television Show|
|2008||XBIZ||Web Babe of the Year|
|2010||AVN||Best All-Girl Group Sex Scene||Deviance (with Eva Angelina, Teagan Presley and Alexis Texas)|
|Web Starlet of the Year|
|2012||XBIZ||Porn Star Site of the Year||sunnyleone.com|
|2013||AVN||Crossover Star of the Year (tied with James Deen)|
- Sweet Dreams (2016)
- "About Me". www.sunnyleone.com. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone Becomes Vivid Girl". AVN. 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2007-08-26.
- "Sunny Leone's husband comes to India". Times of India. April 16, 2012. Archived from the original on March 22, 2014. Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- Sunny Leone at the Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved July 30, 2009.
- Weisblott, Marc (July 4, 2008). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. Archived from the original on November 19, 2008. Retrieved July 4, 2008.
- "Sunny Leone's real name revealed!". Hindustan Times. Agencies. April 27, 2012. Retrieved 1 April 2014.
- Vickey Lalwani, Mumbai Mirror (August 8, 2013). "People in India are conservative: Sunny Leone". Times Of India. Retrieved Dec 27, 2015.
- "Sunny Leone - Desi Porn - SunnyLeone.com". sunnyleone.com.
- "Sunny Leone profile". AVN. Retrieved Dec 27, 2015.
- "A Sunny day in Sarnia". Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "How Karen Malhotra turned into a world-famous porn star Sunny Leone". Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "Sunny Leone's husband Daniel Weber, also a porn star, will now make his Bollywood debut in wife's 'Jackpot' – Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". August 15, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- Joanne Cachapero (July 30, 2008). "SunnyLeone.com Relaunches with Party This Weekend". AVN. Retrieved July 2, 2008.
- Bengali, Shashank (2016-08-24). "Can porn star-turned-Bollywood actress Sunny Leone teach India to be cool about sex?". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles: Tribune Co. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "Ambush Interview #97". Ambush Interview. October 8, 2006. Retrieved October 8, 2006.
- Shawn Alff (August 23, 2010). "Pornstar Sunny Leone on thriving in the wild, wild west of the adult industry". blogs.creativeloafing.com. Retrieved September 11, 2010.
- "Meet the Girl: Sunny Leone". Men's Fitness. February 1, 2007. Retrieved February 1, 2007.
- Sonia M. Kandathil (2007-10-11). "Sunny Leone on life as a desi adult star". Toronto Star. Archived from the original on 2007-10-12. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- Big D (2006-07-06). "Inside Sunny Leone". XRentDVD. Retrieved 2007-06-07.
- freeones (2007-08-06). "Exclusive Interview with Sunny Leone". freeones. Retrieved 2007-08-06.
- Adult Film Database (2006-06-11). "Adultfilmdatabase Interviews: Sunny Leone Interview – 11/06/2006". AFDB. Retrieved 2006-06-11.
- Eddie Adams (2007-08-28). "Sunny Leone Featured in Cheri". AVN. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- Mystique Magazine. "Sunny Leone Jpg Pic Image & Video Gallery". Mystique Magazine. Archived from the original on 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-08-26.
- Saul Vargas (2003-06-01). "Lowrider Model — Sunny Leone — June 2003 enter fold". Lowrider Magazine. Retrieved 2003-06-01.
- Reinaldo Robinson (2003-11-01). "Lowrider Model — Sunny Leone — November 2003 Center Fold". Lowrider Magazine. Retrieved 2003-11-01.
- modfxmodels.com (2003-06-29). "SUNNY LEONE MODFX COVER MODEL — JULY 2003". modfxmodels.com. Archived from the original on 2003-07-04. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- suze.net. "Sunny Leone Free Nude Pics:: Official Nude Gallery of Sunny Leone". suze.net. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- ken marcus. "Sunny Leone Free Fetish Pics". kenmarcus.com. Retrieved 2000-08-07. Check date values in:
- macandbumble.com. "SMacandBumble.com — Sunny Leone, News, Photos...". macandbumble.com. Retrieved 2008-08-31.
- Chip Baker (2005-02-24). "Sunny Leone Joins Adam & Eve Sales Team". AVN. Retrieved 2005-02-24.
- Dan Millar (2005-11-01). "Vivid to Ship Sunny". AVN. Retrieved 2007-07-03.
- AVN (2006-04-05). "Sunny Leone is the First Virtual Vivid Girl". AVN. Retrieved 2006-04-05.
- AVN (2008-02-20). "Vivid Releases It's Sunny in Brazil". AVN. Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- Eddie Adams (2007-12-19). "Sunny Leone Performs The Sunny Experiment". AVN. Retrieved 2007-12-19.
- David Sullivan (2007-05-13). "Sunny Leone Renews Vivid Contract, Will Perform with Men". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-06-22. Retrieved 2007-05-13.
- Jared Rutter (2007-08-31). "On the Set: Sunny Loves Matt". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2008-03-21.
- AVN (2008-11-25). "NOMINATIONS 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVN. Archived from the original (PDF) on December 3, 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Steve Javors (2008-08-22). "Sunny Leone Forms Her Own Studio, SunLust Pictures". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-08-22.
- Par Gérome Lorenzo (2008-06-26). "Sunny Leone". Hot Video. Retrieved 2008-06-26.
- Houston, Don (December 29, 2009). "Sunny's B/G Adventure". XCritic.
- X, Nelson (June 5, 2009). "Sunny Leone Says 'Undress Me'". AVN.
- Joanne Cachapero (2007-09-11). "Sunny Leone Launches SunLust Pictures With N.Y. Bash". XBIZ. Retrieved 2007-09-11.
- David Sullivan (2009-06-02). "Sunny Leone Shows Her 'Dark Side' in Sin City". AVN. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- XBIZ (2009-02-06). "Katie.com, Sun Lust Pictures to Hold Casting in Las Vegas". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-06-03.
- - (December 29, 2010). "13 AVN Award Noms for Sunny Leone, SunLust Pictures, 'Gia'". AVN.
- - (December 23, 2012). "Sunny Leone: Goddess". AVN.
- Jonah P Davies (2006-04-24). "Sunny Leone Signs with PPPcard". AVN. Retrieved 2006-04-24.
- "AdultPokerParty.com Teams with Sunny Leone". AVN. 2006-06-22. Retrieved 2006-06-22.
- Sue Denim (2007-04-19). "Sunny Leone, Brickhouse Mobile Partner". AVN. Archived from the original on 2010-03-08. Retrieved 2007-04-19.
- "Flirt4Free Presents Sunny Leone and Stefani Morgan Live". AVN. 2006-09-05. Retrieved 2006-09-05.
- Stephen Yagielowicz (2008-07-30). "Flash Ads Boost TotemCash Sales". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-07-30.
- Bianca Fox (2007-07-17). "ImLive Signs Celebrity Porn Star Guests". AVN. Retrieved 2007-07-17.[dead link]
- xbiz (2008-01-01). "XBIZ Awards — Recognizing Excellence in Adult Entertainment". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Nloen, Stephanie (April 7, 2012). "Why this Canadian porn star's past isn't holding her back in Bollywood". theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-06-21). "Vivid to Present Comedy Night Next Wednesday". AVN. Retrieved 2006-06-21.
- Peter Warren (2008-02-20). "Vivid Steps Into Footwear". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-09-23. Retrieved 2008-02-20.
- Thomas J Stanton (2006-01-25). "Vivid/Club Jenna Bowl to Feature Coquette Lingerie Show". AVN. Retrieved 2006-01-25.
- AVN (2006-04-04). "Bike & Hot Rod Night". AVN. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2006-04-04.
- Vance Kingsley (2006-12-14). "Doc Johnson, Vivid Launch Sunny Leone and Lacie Heart Pocket Pals". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- Bianca Fox (2008-09-17). "Doc Johnson Unveils Briana Banks and Sunny Leone Vivid Girl Toys". AVN. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
- XBIZ (2008-10-14). "Vivid Inks Deal to Introduce Branded Skateboards". XBIZ. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- JR Raphael (2009-09-23). "Porn Stars Invade the App Store". www.infoworld.com. Retrieved 2009-11-29.[dead link]
- "Apple Approves First Official Porn Star APP for iPhone" (Press release). Grindhouse Mobile. 2009-09-16. Archived from the original on 2013-01-28. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- Bill Ray (2010-02-23). "Apple strips top shelf, leaves corporate smut in place". www.theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-04.
- Genesis Magazine (2007-01-01). "Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. Archived from the original on 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2007-01-01.
- Genesis Magazine (2008-03-11). "2008 Porn's Hot 100". Genesis. Archived from the original on 2008-06-05. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- Peta Cooper (2004-08-22). "DesiClub.com's Top 50 Coolest Desis of 2004". desiclub.com. Retrieved 2004-08-22.
- AVN (2007-07-01). "AVN Online 40 under 40". AVN. Archived from the original on January 8, 2009. Retrieved 2007-01-07.
- "Maxim U.K. Names Top 12 Porn Stars". business.avn.com. 2010-06-18. Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "Top 99 Women". AskMen.com. 2012. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "Leone Announces Retirement From Adult Films!". MTV.com. 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2015-08-20.
- Pradeep Gupta (2015-05-16). "Mumbai woman files FIR against Leone for 'destroying Indian culture'". The Times of India. Retrieved 23 August 2015.
- "BBC 100 Women 2016: Who is on the list?". 21 November 2016.
- Meghana Keshavan (2007-08-22). "Bollywood nights". Metro Times. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- AVN (2005-01-01). "Sunny Leone Profile". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-04-05. Retrieved 2005-01-01.
- David Sullivan (2008-10-07). "Fox Reality Channel Launches 'My Bare Lady 2'". AVN. Retrieved 2008-10-07.
- Steami.net (2008-01-01). "Sunny Leone Talks About Bollywood, Sex & Indian Men". Steami.net. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- Royal Magazine (2008-01-01). "Sunny Leone". Royal Magazine. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- Desipowerchat.com. "Kalyug the film Synopsis previews". Desipowerchat.com. Retrieved 2008-06-06.
- "Curry Bear Interviews – #1 Desi Porn Star Sunny Leone". Curry Bear.com. 2008-06-10. Retrieved 2008-06-10.
- "Sunny Leone Photo Gallery & Bio". www.wrestlinginc.com. Archived from the original on 2010-03-05. Retrieved 2010-03-11.
- Peter Warren (2008-04-02). "Sunny Leone to Appear in Bollywood Film". AVN. Archived from the original on 2009-12-24. Retrieved 2008-04-02.
- David Sullivan. "Sunny Leone, Jesse Jane Cast in Mallick's 'Middle Men'". AVN. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- Christina Radish (2009-10-20). "Exclusive Interview: Sunny Leone is Much More than Just a Pretty Face". www.iesb.net. Archived from the original on 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2009-11-29.
- Corey Hall (2010-09-15). "Metro Times: Movie Review: The Virginity Hit". www.metrotimes.com. Archived from the original on 2011-08-11. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- pokulator (2007-04-17). "2006 WSOP Updates". pokulator.com. Retrieved 2008-01-23.
- Laurie (2008-08-08). "Adult Superstar Sunny Leone". MiamiBeach411.com. Archived from the original on 2009-06-01. Retrieved 2008-08-08.
- AVN Staff (2008-10-28). "Sunny Leone to Host Club Jenna Halloween Party". AVN. Retrieved 2008-10-28.
- Seth Lubove (2005-12-12). "Obscene Profits". Forbes. Archived from the original on 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2004-08-12.
- Versatile Media Group Inc (2008-09-10). "Sunny Leone Launches Sunlust Pictures". ainews.com. Retrieved 2008-09-10.
- David Sullivan (2007-11-07). "Vivid Places Holiday Billboard In Times Square". AVN. Archived from the original on 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- Ryan Rayzer (2008-01-25). "Sunny Leone's Naked Ambition". CW 11 Morning News. Archived from the original on 2008-01-29. Retrieved 2008-01-25.
- Wireless Flash News (2004-10-15). "Porn Stars Shave To Support 'No More Bush' Campaign". Wireless Flash News. Retrieved 2004-10-15.
- David Sullivan (2008-05-27). "Sunny Leone Urges Youth to Vote in Online PSA". AVN. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- knobbz (2008-09-13). "Metallungies Hollers @ Savanna Samson and Sunny Leone, Interview". metallungies.com. Retrieved 2008-12-25.
- AVN Staff (January 7, 2009). "Sunny Leone RTA PSA to Debut at AVN Awards". AVN. Retrieved January 7, 2009.
- Fantasy Fitness (2009-08-01). "Sunny Leone models with Fantasy Fitness". FantasyFitness.com. Archived from the original on 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Men's Fitness (2009-08-01). "Adult star Sunny Leone loves playing the field". Men's Fitness. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
- Sunny Leone In New PETA Ad", Asian Image, 15 January 2013.
- "Sunny Leone To Receive PETA's Person of the Year Award," Times of India, 22 December 2016.
- "Indo-Canadian porn star to spice up 'Bigg Boss 5'". Indiavision news. November 22, 2011.
- "Sunny Leone enters Bigg Boss in a lehenga". hindustantimes.com. 2011-11-20. Archived from the original on 2011-11-21. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- "Bigg Boss: Sunny Leone hides her porn star status". http://zeenews.india.com. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2011-11-22. External link in
- "Canadian porn star Sunny Leone causes stir in India". theprovince.com. 2011-11-24. Archived from the original on 2011-11-28. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- Ramachandran, Priya (2011-11-22). "Adult star Sunny Leone is trending in India". indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "Sunny Leone most googled in Orissa, Haryana". indiatimes.com. 2011-11-27. Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
For a few days the growth in search queries related to Sunny Leone was what Google describes 'breakout'.
- Mawrie, Anthony (2011-11-29). "IAAF files complaint against Colors for Sunny Leone entry". mediamughals.com. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- Srivastava, Aatish (2011-12-01). "Sunny Leone in 'Bigg Boss': BJP youth wing president seeks action against Colors : Gossip News — India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "Sunny Leone says yes to Mahesh Bhatt — Hindustan Times". hindustantimes.com. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-12-02. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- "I haven't made Jism 2 for 100 crore club: Pooja Bhatt". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 8 August 2012. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Sunny Leone in Ragini MMS 2". http://www.invectura.com. 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2012-04-22. External link in
- "Sunny Leone goes desi for first item song in Bollywood". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 7 March 2013. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Check Out: Sunny Leone in Shootout At Wadala". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Kaizad Gustad hits the Jackpot". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Jackpot". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Boxoffice". Archived from the original on May 8, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Boxoffice". Archived from the original on April 1, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Movie Review:Ragini Mms 2". Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Ragini MMS – 2". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone excited about her Tamil film – Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Sunny Leone's Pink Lips gets 10 lakhs fans". Patrika Group. 7 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- "First look : Sunny Leone stuns in a sari in Current Theega". The Times of India. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Sunny Leone to do item number for DK". Patrika Group (5 August 2014). Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Sunny Leone's hot and desi look in Leela". Patrika Group (31 July 2014). Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Ek Paheli Leela Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "Ek Paheli Leela : 1st Wednesday (Day 6) Box Office Collections". Koimoi.com (17 April 2015). Archived from the original on 18 April 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Box Office Capsule "Ek Paheli Leela"".
- "Sunny gives another sex comedy".
- "Sunny Leone in her second Kannada film".
- "Sunny Leone shoots for a cameo in Singh is Bling".
- "First poster of Sunny Leone's sex-comedy Mastizaade out". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "One Night Stand commences shoot".
- "Beiimaan Love kickstarts with cake cutting".
- "Sunny gets a new voice for item number".
- "Sunny and Sharman to steamup the song".
- "'Raees' rail ride: Sunny Leone shocked by the fan frenzy at Vadodara station".
- "Sunny a part of Sonakshi Sinha's Noor" Check
- "Sunny Leone to groove with Ajay Devgn in 'Baadshaho'"
- "Sunny Leone excited to work with Arbaaz Khan".
- "Sunny Leone signs secong Telugu film".
- "Love, the Sunny Leone way". The Indian Express. 2016-04-23. Retrieved 2016-04-23.
- "Sunny Leone reveals what her erotic short stories will be like". http://www.hindustantimes.com/. Retrieved 2016-04-23. External link in
- Shaheryar Hafeez (Fall 2005). "Sex and Stardom: Inside the World of a Desi Adult Entertainer". Sapna magazine. Retrieved 2007-08-22.
- "Twitter / SunnyLeone: I have the greatest news today". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Sunny Leone Now An Indian Citizen – Yahoo Movies India". In.movies.yahoo.com. 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- Bansal, Varsha (2012-08-15). "Sunny Leone, about Indian fans". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Sunny Leone: Ragini MMS 2 later, house in Mumbai first". daily.bhaskar.com. 2012-08-20. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Triple treat! Sunny Leone will have three releases within the next six months – Entertainment – DNA". Dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Bigg Boss' Sunny Leone is bisexual, but prefers men". Indiavision news. 2011-11-25.
- Tushar Joshi (2007-10-11). "Sunny Leone's ex making moolah off her". Times of India. Archived from the original on 2013-10-31. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone". India Today. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- "Sunny Leone's ex cashes in on her fame". Hindustan Times. 2007-10-11. Archived from the original on 2011-12-24. Retrieved 2012-10-26.
- Goyal, Samarth (September 2013). "Sunny Leone is a real sweetheart: Russell Peters". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Sunny Leone dated comedian Russell Peters?". Times of India. September 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Orange, B. Alan (2011-01-17). "EXCLUSIVE: Sunny Leone Talks The Virginity Hit". movieweb.com. Retrieved 2011-12-24.
- "Sunny Leone breaks hearts by getting 'married' in Bigg Boss house". Indiavision news. 2011-12-03.
- Team, Businessofcinema.com (August 3, 2012). "Sunny Leone's Husband: Proud Of Her Bollywood Debut". Businessofcinema.com. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- Weisblott, Marc (2009-07-04). "Sunny Leone's America". Eye Weekly. Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- "Shootout At Wadala|Sunny Leone"
- "Low Aana Lifeu|Sunny Leone"
- "Saree Wali Girl|Sunny Leone"
- "Pink Lips|Sunny Leone"
- "Shake That Booty|Sunny Leone"
- "Sunny O Sunny|Sunny Leone"
- "Sesamma|Sunny Leone"
- "Super Girl From China|Sunny Leone"
- "Kamakshi|Sunny Leone"
- "Tu Zaroorat Nahi Tu Zaroori Hai| Sunny Leone"
- "Sunny gets a new voice for her item song".
- "Shah Rukh Khan, Sunny Leone to share screen space in Raees"
- "Sunny Leone to play Bollywood actress in Sonakshi Sinha starrer Noor"
- "Sunny Leone to do a special number in Milan Luthria's Baadshaho"
- "Sunny, Arbaaz start shooting for ‘Tera Intezaar’"
- "Sunny Leone signs second Telugu film".
- "XBIZ Award Winners". Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "2010 AVN Award Winners Announced". AVN.com. January 10, 2010. Retrieved January 10, 2010.
- "AVN – 2010 AVN Awards Show — AVN Award Winners for 2010". Avnawards.avn.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2010-02-22.
- "The F.A.M.E. Awards Reveals 2010 Winners". AVN.com. 2010-07-10. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- Miller, Dan (2012-01-12). "2012 XBIZ Award Winners Announced". Retrieved 2012-01-22.
-  Retrieved February 17, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunny Leone.|