Sunnynook, New Zealand
|Local authority||Auckland Council|
|Busway station(s)||Sunnynook Busway Station|
|Rosedale||Mairangi Bay||Campbells Bay|
|Glenfield North||Wairau Valley||Forrest Hill|
The suburb is centered on the Sunnynook Shopping Centre and the nearby Sunnynook Park. A skateboard bowl is located in the park, which is also home to the Glenfield Greyhounds rugby league club. Sunnynook residents have access to the Northern Busway rapid transit bus link via the Sunnynook busway station.
- Wairau Intermediate is an intermediate (years 7-8) school with a roll of 232 students as of March 2019. It opened in 1980.
- Sunnynook Primary School is a contributing primary (years 1-6) school with a roll of 494 students as of March 2019. It opened in 1968. Both schools are coeducational.
- Benjamin Thomas Watt - Worlds first openly gay boxing judge
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Sunnynook
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Education Counts: Wairau Intermediate
- "Our History". Wairau Intermediate. Archived from the original on 1 April 2007. Retrieved 8 February 2009.
- Education Counts: Sunnynook School
- "Calling all pupils". North Shore Times Advertiser. 26 February 1993. p. 9.