Sunnyside, Wichita, Kansas
|Elevation||1,293 ft (394 m)|
Sunnyside is located at  It consists of the area between U.S. 54 in the north and Lincoln Street in the south and between Interstate 135 in the west and Hillside Street in the east. Sunnyside borders East Front to the north, College Hill to the northeast, Longview to the east, Schweiter East and Schweiter to the south, and The Hyde to the west. Linwood lies to the southwest.(37.675556, -97.305833) at an elevation of 1,293 ft (394 m).
For the purposes of representation on the Wichita City Council, Sunnyside is in Council District 1.
Parks and recreation
The city’s Department of Park and Recreation maintains one park in Sunnyside: Grandparents Park. Occupying 0.56 acres (0.23 ha) at the corner of East Kellogg Drive and South Estelle Street, the park includes an exercise station, a playground, and a walking path.
Grove Street, which runs north-south, is the primary road through Sunnyside. Other arterial roads include Hillside Street, which runs north-south along the east side of the neighborhood, and Lincoln Street, which runs east-west along the south side. U.S. Route 54 runs east-west along the north side as the Kellogg Avenue freeway, accessible via interchanges at Grove and Hillside. Interstate 135 runs north-south along the west side, accessible via interchanges at U.S. 54 and Lincoln Street.
- "Sunnyside, Wichita, Kansas". Statistical Atlas. Cedar Lake Ventures. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Neighborhood Associations – City of Wichita, Kansas" (PDF). City of Wichita. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Sunnyside, Wichita, KS". Google Maps. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- Sunnyside, Wichita, KS, Google Earth
- "Wichita Council District 1 [Map]" (PDF). City of Wichita. 2017-07-18. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Kansas Senate District Map (2017-18 Session)". Kansas Bar Association. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Kansas House of Representatives (2017-18 Session)". Kansas Bar Association. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Grandparents Park". City of Wichita, Kansas. Retrieved 2018-12-07.
- "Bus System Map" (PDF). Wichita Transit. Retrieved 2018-12-07.